Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I've been vigorously applying for any and EVERY job at local veterinary offices. I saw one ad for experienced veterinary staff. I explained in my cover letter that I did not have actual experience working at a veterinary clinic, but I am very serious about this and I have done some things (like given meds orally to dogs/cats/puppies/kitties, I have been taught to properly clean out ears, I know hot to give fluids through an IV (our vet had me do this for one of our cats)), basically just said well I have never worked in a vet's office BUT I have done this so I'm not totally blind to the profession, and I know there's A LOT more to working at a clinic but I thought I might as well explain myself to these people... it was worth a try right?
Well much to my surprise the read my resume and called the place I work (well my resume says I used to but, that's a whole different story). They interviewed my dad's business partner about me. Basically the normal, what kind of person is; she what kind of worker is she stuff.
I can't believe they called there!! I think it gave me a little too much hope. Now all I can do is wait on pins and needles to see if they call me. I can't get this off my mind.

I thought it was weird that they called a former employer before an interview with me. I was under the impression most people interviewed someone and then checked out references?

I know my hopes are way too high because I don't have any experience but maybe they are a little interested if they took the time to call a reference?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Yep, I'm certified as a Vet assistant, I've had the training, plus a lot of hands on assistance since I've been working for kennels for years. But I finally gave up trying to get a job at our local vets.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, I did talk to them on Thursday and the office manager said they haven't started interviews yet, or even calling for them. So my fingers are still crossed. She said if I wanted I could fax the Doc a nice letter to show him I was still interested. Not sure if I'll do that or not... although he is her husband, so maybe she knows best haha.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts