Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bailey and I were given a free invitation to take an agility class tomorrow night at a new agility training center by us. This way we can see if Bailey takes an interest to it. I'm so excited, hopefully all goes well!!!

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Hey let us know how it goes. There are quite a few agility nuts on this forum!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was great! We watched the class then then they had us try a few obstacles. Bailey took the tunnel no problem, jumping through the tire no problem, the A-frame was a challenge until she finally got on and saw it was no big deal. They also had us try them on a board with a ball under it so get used to balancing themselves and she got on no problem. Walking over the ladder was pretty comical because she tried to jump every rung. They said she was a very good dog and I was so proud (we've never done any of that before!)

Hopfully I can work agility classes into my schedule!

Any chance you guys could pm me what your class fees are?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I'll just tell ya here, lol.. I pay $160 as a non-member of the club. I'm applying for membership, though, so if I am voted in I'll be paying $90.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm torn, it is $85 for 6 weeks. It's a really nice place, nice people, very close to my house..but about 15 minutes away there is a training center that offers agility also, $85 for 6 weeks, but after 2 classes you can join and they are only $20/class after that...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm torn, it is $85 for 6 weeks. It's a really nice place, nice people, very close to my house..but about 15 minutes away there is a training center that offers agility also, $85 for 6 weeks, but after 2 classes you can join and they are only $20/class after that...
Any chance you can try the other place out? Go visit? I would not let the cost be a factor if the place is good quality, especially instructors, it will prove to be invaluable. Best of luck with agility, I know my girl LOVES it!

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Any chance you can try the other place out? Go visit? I would not let the cost be a factor if the place is good quality, especially instructors, it will prove to be invaluable. Best of luck with agility, I know my girl LOVES it!
It's quite a drive to the other place, so it may make up for the price in gas saved! The other place also requires you take Obedience I and II before starting any agility. She know sit, down,sshake and stay already so I'm really leaning toward just going the first one. They were very friendly and took it slowly (I'm assuming this is a good thing...) They focus on clicker training, which I have never used. Max per class is 8 dogs. Classes are one hour long.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just an update, we have our first agility classe July14th!!! The owner gave me an offer I couldn't refuse :rolleyes:

I'm so excited, the place is nice, it's a "private club", air-conditioned, heated, and the floors are padded (they kind of "crunch" when you walk on them.) The class maximum is 8 dogs, and usually 2 instructors. The best part is it's only about 5 minutes drive from my house! The owner said he thinks that Bailey will do well :D I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Wahoo! It sounds like Bailey really likes it :) It is so addicting! Those are really good rates, and sounds like a gorgeous facility! I pay $130 for 6 weeks and it's outdoors. Outdoors is good for Lucy though, she gets distracted easily so this has been helping her overcome that LOL

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
For my Nell, the Agility 1&2 classes is $45.00 for 7 weeks. Then the Competition Obedience is $55.00 for 9 weeks. This is for members of the club. For non-members it's $60.00 for 7 weeks of Agility and $70.00 for 9 weeks of Obedience.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I have seen a few Corgis at the Agility Trials I have been at and they seem to make great Agility Dogs, really move fast with their short little legs and seem to handle the equipment with no problems. Good Luck, once you start Agility, you will get addicted to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts