Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be more of a health question but you Agility addicts lurk in this forum, I know.. :D

So yeah, we're only two classes in to Beginner Agility but it's something that's been on my mind.

I would love to eventually compete with Marge in agility if she gets far enough with it. So far she really seems to love it and the foundation training is going well.

I'm not really worried about her hips/elbows etc now that I'm just in classes once a week, but should I have them checked out (either just a vet opinion or maybe even OFA evaluation) if we were to actually start competing? She is a rescue spay so of course this has nothing to do with breeding, I just want to ensure that I'm not stressing bad joints or anything like that.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I had my dog OFA'd and I have no intention of breeding him. I haven't even sent in his AKC registration.

Not his full one, at least.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm going to be starting agility with Bentley this summer and I plan to have his hips tested. Better safe than sorry, in my mind as I would rather know now if his hips are bad than after doing agility for a while.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Anyone else have experience with this?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Didn't have x-rays done. Just took mine to my vet and had a physical exam. I've not had any issues (kow).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts