Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a year old small chuhauia barks at people walking passed our parked car or at the dog walking trails , he does calm down after a while when he gets to know them but back in the car he;s unbearable sitting in the car with him when hes aggressively barking as some one is walking passed the window :sick:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Dogs should really be safely restrained in a vehicle anyway, so why not put him in a crate in the car, and position the crate so he can't see out the window?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dogs should really be safely restrained in a vehicle anyway, so why not put him in a crate in the car, and position the crate so he can't see out the window?
when the car is on the road he is in his cage in the back seat , its when I'm parked waiting for my wife to come out of the store that's when he out of the cage so he goes over to the opened window and b😱arks at anyone viscously.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Barking viscously must make quite a mess :D

I mean, you could counter-condition him to the stimuli of someone approaching the vehicle, and I'm sure someone will be along to explain how soon enough, but I personally would just leave him in the crate.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Barking viscously must make quite a mess :D

I mean, you could counter-condition him to the stimuli of someone approaching the vehicle, and I'm sure someone will be along to explain how soon enough, but I personally would just leave him in the crate.
YES I KNOW YOU ARE RIGHT .

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when the car is on the road he is in his cage in the back seat , its when I'm parked waiting for my wife to come out of the store that's when he out of the cage so he goes over to the opened window and b😱arks at anyone viscously.
well this is a good idea in the car however my Dog barks aggressively at other people even when on a leash , so what can do :sick:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts