Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

My 3-year-old Rottweiler has developed an aggressive attitude towards all dogs apart from our labrador. If she sees another dog on a walk she will go crazy. Jumping, growling, pulling on the lead as hard as she can. All her hair is stood up and she looks terrifying. She isn't terrifying. Shes lovely but i am worried about what would happen if i lost control of her when she goes in to one of her frenzies. I love her to bits but her behaviour is becoming uncontrollable. She has always been very dominant and vocal. Can anybody please help with training methods i can put in place around the home and while on walks to keep her calm and under control.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
First: I would seek the help of a positive reinforcement trainer (I highly suggest positive training methods for this type of situation, for fear of making things worse using other methods) and a certified/licensed behaviorist.

Second: Start researching reactivity, and leash reactivity. Is she like this meeting dogs off leash, do you know?

Third: Make a post in the training section of the forum so more people will see your thread and be able to comment.

Fourth: Welcome!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts