Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings! I'm new to this forum and look forward to some great information.

My daughter(14 years old) rescued a Yorkie from the streets 4 months ago. He was very malnourished and appeared to be abused. He's been to the Vet recently and is doing great, putting on weight and is full of energy. But, starting a week ago he's had a bad setback. Around 5:00 - 6:00 PM he starts to slowing down for the day and will start acting out. When my daughter moves or walks across the house he charges her and has nearly bitten her a couple time. The aggression is always targeted at her even though they appear to be best friends throughout the early part of the day. Our Yorkie(Blaze) has become part of our family and we are committed to help him any way we possible can. Does anyone have some advice to help break him of this aggression? We do not believe in hitting or spanking our animals.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I recommend a thorough vet check, including a full thyroid panel (needs to be sent to an outside lab, not just the in-house T-4) and a consult with a Board Certified Veterinary Behaviorist. You can search here https://www.dacvb.org/search/custom.asp?id=4709 to find a behaviorist in your area (assuming you are in the US, that is).

·
Registered
1,783 Posts
Around 4:30PM I would place the dog in a crate and give him some alone time. About 6:30PM I would get him back out.

It may be as simple as the dog needing some down time in a place he feels safe and secure.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Around 4:30PM I would place the dog in a crate and give him some alone time. About 6:30PM I would get him back out.

It may be as simple as the dog needing some down time in a place he feels safe and secure.

This was going to be my suggestion as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts