Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PJ snapped at me today after I tried to get a piece of trash out of his mouth that he found on the ground during a walk today. I adopted him about a month ago and didn't show aggression until now. I can take his food away from him or touch him while he is eating. I really think it is the steroids. I had to put him on steroids because of his extreme allergies. He would scratch for 23 hours out of the day. Now he doesn't scratch at all. I'm weaning him off the steroids. Has anyone noticed aggressive behavior while on steroids?

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I personally take steroids from time to time ... like every day low dose ones for copd. I do have unusual mood swings from time to time. When I have to be on high doses during a flare-up ... I hate the feeling! It is like you are not able to sit still and want to climb the walls ... you are in your body and just want to get out!

I can almost bet the steroids could have a negative effect on a dog ... they cannot reason like we can. They probably just feel Yucky!!!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I've taken steroids, too, and let me tell you, wow! I am the least violent, most even keeled person you've ever met. My husband calls me "the Zen Master". On steroids, I am the Hulk. I get angry, screaming shaking angry, and can't calm down.

I won't take steroids anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts