Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I have a 7 month old border collie.lab mix. She was spayed at the beginning of Dec. 09'. So it has been 3 months since the surgery. Everything has been going fine and she was healing up nicely except for a small skin colored lump under the skin where I am guessing they tied off her stiches after the surgery. Today however, I noticed that this small lump is now red in color and slightly inflamed. This must be recent because she is constantly looking for belly rubs and I would have noticed if this was on-going. I plan on taking her to the vet but I would just like some input on what this could possibly be. Thank you!!!!!

Just to add. The lump does not seem to be painful for her at all. As I can touch it and she doesn't even flinch. She is also eating and going to the bathroom normally and has all the signs of a happy playful puppy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all. I have a 7 month old border collie.lab mix. She was spayed at the beginning of Dec. 09'. So it has been 3 months since the surgery. Everything has been going fine and she was healing up nicely except for a small skin colored lump under the skin where I am guessing they tied off her stiches after the surgery. Today however, I noticed that this small lump is now red in color and slightly inflamed. This must be recent because she is constantly looking for belly rubs and I would have noticed if this was on-going. I plan on taking her to the vet but I would just like some input on what this could possibly be. Thank you!!!!!

Just to add. The lump does not seem to be painful for her at all. As I can touch it and she doesn't even flinch. She is also eating and going to the bathroom normally and has all the signs of a happy playful puppy.
Hi there
Did you find out what this was? We have the exact same thing in our dog; just found this post! Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Ten year old thread.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.