Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after seeing a number of different puppies, and waiting to find the 'perfect' pup, I think I found her! She's an 8 week old Border Collie/Australian Shepherd, and is a very sweet little girl. I brought her home this morning, gave her a bath, and now she's sleeping soundly. I haven't named her yet either, so if you have any suggestions please let me know! She seems a bit timid when meeting you at first, but is a verrrry happy and cuddly girl. I just love her markings!

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
294 Posts
She is TOO Cute!!!:D She just makes you want to pluck her right up and love on her!
I love old fashioned girl's names for dogs. Ethel, Matilda, etc. For some reason, those just make me smile.

Congrats on the new puppy!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aw thanks guys, she seems great so far! Just getting used to wearing a collar, she is not very pleased about that lol Any other name suggestions?

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i like the name Matilda (Mattie) for her....takes her back to the Aussie part of her breed (altho they didn't originate in Australia).....you could also go Gaelic/Scottish and go w/ a name like Holly, Maire (Mary), etc....

she is a cutie.....

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
She's beautiful! I'm not too good at naming dogs. I love the name Lady even though it's sooooo common.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
She's sooo cute!
I wish I had name suggestions, but I don't. I can't ever think of good names. Even though it is a plain, common dog name, I do like the name Lady for her.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hey guys!

Any more ideas? I STILL haven't thought of a fitting name for her. Personally, I'm not a fan of people names LOL She is a very shy dog at first, but loves to cuddle and give kisses.

So far I've thought of Lady, Rose, or Kira...but I've yet to see a name where I'm like yes! THATS her name! lol HELP!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts