Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lost my puppy back in July 16 2000:( but I still miss him and mourn him as if it was yesterday... He was a very good, well behaved Dalmatian. He was my first Dog. My inexperience and my stupidity or negligence caused him to get sick. We were going thru a rough time (money wise) I did not have $ to give him his shots on time. He got sick and I rushed him to different Hospitals but unfortunately for some reason every Vet clinic or Hospital was closed. I speed off to a further Hospital and when we got there he was extremely sick he was vomiting had diariah it was more like just water and kind of reddish, I don’t know if it was blood or part of the disease. But the vet there told me we had one heart worms and his case it was to advance. They could treat him but it was going to be very expensive and he had very little % chance of survival.. That it was best to put him to sleep. It was the hardest thing I had to do. I said good bye and with a broken heart I left there crying. Until this day I still do and feel anger at myself and guilt. My Snoopy was only 5mo old. He had grey eyes. Awesome attitude. Was playful, brave, and protective.
My lack of knowledge took me there. I now after almost 9yrs I have 2 Yorkies. 2pound female her name is Chloe:) 6mo old, and Buddy 8lbs boy:) and now they are up to date always on their shots. I am always on top of their health. I have my personal Vet who is great. I love my babies. But that still don’t take what I feel and the emptiness of the loss of Snoopy. And always thinking what could have been, what if. But that will not bring Snoopy Back. So I saw a Poem and fixed the letters to accommodate it to my case and this is dedicated to him and to all that like me one way or the other lost a Best Friend.

To Snoopy 1..RIP

I stood by your bed last night...
I came to have a peep.
I could see that you'd been crying,
And you found it hard to sleep

I whined to you softly
as you brushed away a tear,
"It's me. I haven't left you.
I'm well, I'm fine, and I’m here."

I was close to you at breakfast...
I watched you pour your tea.
You were thinking of the many times
Your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at my grave today...
You tend to it with such care.
I want to reassure you
That I'm not lying there.

I walked you towards the house
As you fumbled for the key.
I gently put my paw on you...
I smiled and said, "its me."

You looked so very tired
As you sank into a chair.
I tried so hard to let you know
That I was sitting there.

It's wonderful for me to be
So near you every day,
To say to you with certainty,
"I never went away."

You sat there very quietly,
Then smiled... I think you knew
That in the stillness of the evening
I was very close to you.

And when the time is right for you
To cross the brief divide,
I'll rush across to meet you
And we'll stand there side by side.

I have so many things to show you!
There's so much for you to see.
Be patient, live your journey out,
then come home to be with me.

In loving memory of Snoopy my Dalmatian baby who died July 16 of 2000.Whom I still remember and love

Attachments

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Very, very touching. It made me tear up because I had a cat, whom as been with me since I was 4 years old, who recently passed away a year ago.

I truly believe every pet, no matter what, watches over us and waits for us on the other side. Snoopy loved you with all his heart, as much as you love him, and I DO believe he will rush to your side when the day comes, as I hope my cat will.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts