Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Bella had an operation on her spine for a disc rupture. She is doing well but her left side is still quite paralysed - it is the side of her spine that was operated on. We are doing at home physio and it is going well - she pushes with both her legs and when in her sling she does kind of 'walk" and paddles with both her legs. It has been two weeks since her operation. Wondering if anyone has gone through something like this? xx

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
None of my dogs have experienced it but would water therapy help? I know it helps with some recoveries so am curious if that would work?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks MTL
we have booked her in for some hydro next week. She is kind of walking on that left leg - but still prefers being on her toes rolled over. Her right leg is ready to rumble... we are straightening out her left leg's toes and more and more she keeps them like this. It has been 16 days since her OP and her surgeon thought she would be further along so of corse we worry. When she is wearing her sling it is very random about how much she uses her left leg properly as in being flat and striding forward in a normal way... thanks everyone I'd really appreciate any experience.... x

·
Registered
291 Posts
You will find swimming will bring imrovements very quickly. Even quicker improvments will be obtained if you find a rehab centre with an underwater treadmill. The treadmill works the muscles in the leg using the resistance of the water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts