Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my pups got into something and is very sick. I noticed both she and her sibling's mustaches were a little crusty when I got home, like they'd been eating something sticky. Now Lena is very droopy, her mouth is hanging open and kind of trembling, and there's slobber dripping out it. She stood in a corner staring at the wall for 30 minutes until I picked her up. I haven't seen her vomit, but her stomach feels very tight. Is there anything I can do to help her feel better?

I have no idea what they got into, but the other one is fine. I want to go to the emergency clinic, but hubby says to wait and see. It's been 4 hours since I noticed and she doesn't seem to be getting any better or worse.

Does anyone have any advice?

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Don't listen to your husband. Get this pup seen. This sounds like a toxic reaction to something and the pup needs to be looked at by a vet. Have your husband try to figure out what it is they may have gotten into while YOU take them to the vet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's feeling much better already. Thank goodness! She's alert, ate some of her dog food, and is even playing with her sister. I'm going to hold off on taking her to the vet for now, but I'm going to keep a close eye on her for the rest of the night.

I looked all over the backyard and didn't see anything. Unfortunately, we have at least 50 different types of plants in our landscape, so it could have been one of them. I didn't see any that had been chewed though. My other thought was that she got hold of a tomato. She loves to pick and eat with the little "green balls" she hanging in the garden, but we fenced it off a month ago. A bird may have picked one up and dropped it over the fence into her area of the yard. Who knows.

Thank you very much for your replies. I panicked because I've never seen a dog like this before. Then again, I haven't had a puppy, who eats everything in its path, since I was a kid!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.