Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a Papillon who is very anti dog kibble. I've tried all the best, Eden, Orijen, Aatu, you name it, he leaves it. However, I was given a sample of a new brand called Perfect Fit recently and he adored it. I can't find out much info about it as it's fairly new, but I was wondering if anyone had any views on it? Any experience with it, or comments on the ingredients? Here's a link:

https://www.perfect-fit.co.uk/dog-food/adult-xs-s-dry-food-chicken

Thank you!

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
He's eating it! That trumps how it compares to other foods. Feed through a few bags and see how he does on it. Look for nice stool quality, no itching, biting or reddened skin, ears and feet. Look for coat quality, clear eyes and nose and so on. A food that doesn't suit might mean a stinky dog in breath or body. It might mean anal sacs don't empty properly and dog scoots.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I'm more familiar with the US analysis, but it looks decent on paper. A lot of people don't like food with corn (maize) or wheat, but if your dog does well on it, then feed it, I say.

Like Kathyy said, feed it for a while and take an assessment. If he has good stools, good skin and coat, and generally looks good and has plenty of energy, then keep feeding it.

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
I agree with the general-- he is eating it, the protein and fat contents are quite decent, as long as he does well on it then it is fine. Just my opinion but I am OK with corn as long as it isn't a top ingredient. Inorganic matter is probably "ash" on US labels and under 8% is OK. I do wonder about the Iron content listed-- 11.7% Iron?!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts