Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Aussie mix that weighs in at 30 lbs and have been having problems with collars. I have had several fail in various ways. One simply came undone during a walk and I had to tackle Shrek before he ran towards a busy road. Another kept sliding through the buckle creating too much slack and he would pull his head out.

Today I had him tied out to go to the bathroom. Our yard is not fenced, so he must be tied out to do his business. I took the garbage out while he was out and I watched him go around the front of the house. It took me a moment to realize that he gets tied up out back, so there's no way he could reach the front. My daughter was quick to grab his treat jar and rattle it which quickly enticed him back. I found his collar attached to the lead with one of the plastic side releases broken off. He wasn't doing anything but walking around and that thing broke!

Can anyone recommend a good secure collar or at least tell me what are some good features to look for? He has to be able to be safe and secure on the lead for 10 minutes or so at a time and of course take walks safely. Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts