Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as people know it is quite hard to get a job at the moment, esp if your a full time student.

i've been trying to come up with ideas on how i can make money without getting a job. at the moment my SO supports me but i feel really bad, and i know he would love it if i could bring in even a little money.

the ideas i have come up with so far are;

buy bulk candy and fizzy etc to sell to people at school for a profit
buying products and re selling them over the internet
doing baking for people

but other than that i really have no ideas, i am flat out almost everyday with school and responsibilities at home so something that takes minimal time is best. i don't expect to make a lot of money but even $20 bucks would help.

i would really appreciate any ideas :) thanks

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I ditto the pet or babysitting. My best friend brings in a good amount of money babysitting. I have two or three friends in town that make a lot of money petsitting.

One of my friends will house/pet sit for one person over a weekend and make a hundred bucks or so. I'd do it if I had a car!

Otherwise I do work with someone that makes some side money with Avon....but I have no idea how to get into it and how much it really brings in.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks :) i would look into pet sitting but i live in a flat with some not so friendly people... so i would get yelled at for having any more pets here.\

baby sitting would probably be good, ill look into it. but like i said im really busy during the day/evening so the only time i have is on a sunday. sigh.

the advice is great though thanks :)

·
Registered
691 Posts
Dog walking! I just recently hired a local college student to walk Chloe while I was away on vacation. She has her own dogs, and gave me personal refrences though she wasn't a "professional" per say.

I know a ton of people who would jump at a cheap dog walker. The professionals in my area charge $25 for a 20 minute walk. I paid half that for 2 25 minute walks a day, and was very pleased. Find a big neighborhood and pass out flyers, I bet you would be busy and making some cash in no time.

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Post something about being able to help with odd jobs and/or babysitting. So you could babysit, rake somebody's lawn, walk their dog, even if it's gross pick up poop from the lawn (people will pay a fair amount for that I gather), help someone clean out a room.

I would avoid reselling items on the internet- it can come across like you're scamming people (the people you buy from) and more than that the internet market is unpredictable. I used to work for a company that sold stuff for people on e-bay and it's just not very reliable. Some things go for what they're worth, some things really don't.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
ChaCha.com is what I did when I wanted a couple extra bucks, mostly for frivolous things like clothing. You sign up, and take the test, and hopefully you're good to go. All you do is sit at home on your computer and answer questions people send in via phone/text. I think I made like 20 bucks in two or three hours.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
thanks :) i would look into pet sitting but i live in a flat with some not so friendly people... so i would get yelled at for having any more pets here.\

baby sitting would probably be good, ill look into it. but like i said im really busy during the day/evening so the only time i have is on a sunday. sigh.

the advice is great though thanks :)
Fortunately, I pet-/house-sat for a good friend (well, we were just acquaintances the first time), and she let me stay at her house with her pets (honestly, didn't have much choice - she had 17 different birds, a dog, a betta, and three cats, lol).

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
Clean houses. You can make a ridiculous ammount of money cleaning houses. I know of a woman who has a masters degree and cleans houses because she makes more money doing it than she can make with her degree.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I am a recent college grad and am having no luck getting a job. So much for 5 yrs and $29,000 in debt huh????

So GL to you, I hope you find something!!!!! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts