Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm hoping you can help me.
My dog Terry, a Yorkshire Terrier has got some sort of eye infection in his left eye. At first I thought it was just sleeper goo, but on closer inspection last night while I was bathing him, I noticed it was more than usual. I picked it off (mistakenly) only to realise it was a scab-like thing and left Terry's eye duct fleshy and wound-like.
He showed no sign of pain, more annoyance at me for bathing him as usual. He tried to rub it a few times over the evening, but he never showed sign of pain.

How serious is this? I checked it today and the scab has re-formed and again he is showing no sign of even noticing it.

He is due to get his hair groomed next week so I'm a bit worried about the groomer cutting it/touching the infection.

Can you advise please?

Terry is 15 years old by the way.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
7,422 Posts
Please review the disclaimer at the top of this forum:
Caring for your dog's health and well-being aren't always that easy. While our members may have good advice, it is just advice. Please use this section as a resource to discuss "diagnosed" conditions and treatment options for your dog.
*Important - All serious concerns with your dog's health and well-being should be handled by a Veterinarian, so please refrain from asking questions that are best suited for their office.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.