Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys; so I applied Advantage II on my pupper in a few different places down her spine, as the box recommended. Most of it got on her skin, but some bled into her fur and now she has a few greasy spots. It's been a few hours and they aren't dry yet, but I want to let my puppies play! :/ Should I wait out the oily residue? I feel as though the medication should have soaked in by now. Can I wipe away the residue with a puppy wipe? I just hate to keep the dogs separated for so long.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I'm not sure how the wet/greasy spots would stop you from letting your dogs play together?

It's normal for that greasy feel to hang around for the first day. With my dogs it's usually gone the following morning. I wouldn't wipe it off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just concerned my other pup will get it in her mouth because they like to mouth each other when they play.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Are these both your puppies? How old are they? Are they both getting treated at the same time?

I generally try to apply the flea prevention when I know my dogs will be distracted. Pepper likes to roll around afterwards to try to get it off, so I put it on right before feeding time or before a walk. So maybe try to apply it at a time when you know the dogs will be calm and not roughhousing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts