Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, First of all I must thank Dog Forums to provide us such a conveinent and seperate space wher we can post our success stories. I've adopted many dogs in my life yet and nearly every experience was good. I'd adopt the homeless mutts because there was no rescue shelter in our town. The second reason is that shelter dogs have a shelter at least but mutts just wander in streets, no shelter, no food even for many days, still happy. They meet with accidents, nobody cares. They are beaten sometimes, nobody supports. They are not vaccined, still healthier usually. Nobody trained them still,they alert us if an intruder is there in street. . . .

That's why I prefer adopting those mutts . . .
I adopted a pup two years ago and unexpectedly he made such an excellent pet that I didn't imagine at the time of adoption. . . After this splendid success I started to encourage people to adopt mutts. . .
I've uploaded a video on youtube regarding the same. . .please click on the link below to see that cute dog whose name is Johny. . .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?&gl=IN&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=2QiUWA3kNts

If somebody adopts a homeless pup motivated by this post or watching vdo on youtube. . . .I'll think that my little effort is fruitfull.. . .
Thank you. . .

·
Registered
15 Posts
My wife and I just adopted a mutt dog from the euthanasia list yesterday. He was rescued and then fostered, and we adopted him. A whippet/boxer mutt. So far he's a super sweet guy who just needed love. Thanks for your video.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Rescued dogs seem to know how lucky they are and love you for it! We adopted a pure bred poodle (Potsie) who had been tied up to a tree in TN 24/7 for over a year. He has severe trust issues with unfamiliar people, but he is very slowly coming around - he may never be completely "right", but that's okay.

We just adopted Maddie, breed unknown (westiepoo or westie/bichon is our best guess), this past weekend, and she's SOOO happy to be here. She was rescued by the same group I got my poodle from, on her very last day. The rescue director was called and told that she'd be the next dog euthanized in the morning. Michelle went and got her, and she delivered puppies the next morning - wow! We got her after her pups were all weaned and adopted.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I just adopted a mutt dog from the euthanasia list yesterday. He was rescued and then fostered, and we adopted him. A whippet/boxer mutt. So far he's a super sweet guy who just needed love. Thanks for your video.
Thats a very nice thing that you've saved a life. I heartily thank you for your contribution.
I wish you all the best. ..May this mutt be the best experience of owning a best pet in yourlife. . . Good luck. . .
:)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rescued dogs seem to know how lucky they are and love you for it! We adopted a pure bred poodle (Potsie) who had been tied up to a tree in TN 24/7 for over a year. He has severe trust issues with unfamiliar people, but he is very slowly coming around - he may never be completely "right", but that's okay.

We just adopted Maddie, breed unknown (westiepoo or westie/bichon is our best guess), this past weekend, and she's SOOO happy to be here. She was rescued by the same group I got my poodle from, on her very last day. The rescue director was called and told that she'd be the next dog euthanized in the morning. Michelle went and got her, and she delivered puppies the next morning - wow! We got her after her pups were all weaned and adopted.
I highly appreciate your step to free that poor cute pup from the place which was seemed to be a hell with 24*7 with chain.
Your both pups are really very cute. . .
You have given an example that kindness still thrives. . .keep up the good work. . .all the best. . .

·
Banned
126 Posts
Thanks friends for your response and giving your precious time to watch the video. . . .
Why would anyone considered a mixed breed dog inferior to the pure breds?
What are they? Slytherin?

Terrier something something Whippet something something awesome.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I personally think a rescued dog will always be a more loving pet than a breeders dog. They know what it's like to not have a home and how hard life can be, whereas a breeders dog has had the luxury of a good life since they were born. Of course puppy mills are excluded from what I just put and I will never support puppy mills in any way shape or form. Diezel has turned out to be an absolutely wonderful dog so far though and I couldn't have found a better dog. Who rescued who?

picture is from 10 weeks old, he is now 16 weeks. I need new pictures, he is much less fluffy and is starting to lose his puppy features and is turning into quite the handsome dog

·
Registered
496 Posts
I love my rescued/adopted "mutts". They may not be one single breed but i love them to bits. We have always adopted dogs from shelters or people who found strays and wanted to find them good homes, or ones people are just giving away. The only time my family has bought from a breeder is when we used to go hunting, one was a chocolate lab, the other a pointer. That was a long time ago though. I do feel that shelter dogs know how lucky they when they get adopted into a good home, then again i think any dog feels lucky to have a good home. I will always adopt dogs, the only time i will go to a breeder if when i get my "dream breed" if you will but that will be a while.

I always tell people my dogs adopted me :) I love my pound puppies always will :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I personally think a rescued dog will always be a more loving pet than a breeders dog. They know what it's like to not have a home and how hard life can be, whereas a breeders dog has had the luxury of a good life since they were born.
You are humanizing dogs WAY too much and it's down right insulting to claim that your rescue dog cares about you more than my breeder dogs care about me. I have a friend with two breeder dogs and one rescue dog, her dogs all treat her with the same amount of "OMG HI MOM! YOUR AWESOME!" in fact her rescue dog can be just as much of a PITA as any other dog. A rescue dog doesn't know it was homeless they don't live in the past, they don't know you "saved" them.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Alicia.Davis said:
I personally think a rescued dog will always be a more loving pet than a breeders dog. They know what it's like to not have a home and how hard life can be, whereas a breeders dog has had the luxury of a good life since they were born.
Maybe I should give my two breeder dogs to a shelter for a few days and then adopt them back so that they love me more...

I agree with Keechak on every point that she made (too much humanizing, insulting post, dogs not living in the past). I also have friends with breeder dogs and rescues.. I think all the dogs love and appreciate their owners about the same.

On the other hand, my rescue cat couldn't care less about me... soooo...

·
Registered
64 Posts
All 3 of mine are rescues. One was an owner surrender and never didn't know the comfort of a home, one was found wandering a rural area in bad shape and by his behavior we can tell was abused prior and the third was dumped at a nursery and lived outside until we got him. They all love me the same and I love them all like my children. We will buy from a breeder eventually when we move somewhere we can hunt and he will need a hunting dog. I think its silly when people get upset about "rescue vs purebreed" arguments. Its a personal preference and as long as we are all responsible owners who are fixing our dogs and not contributing to the shelters then who cares where he/she came from.
IMG_1817-001.jpg

These are my boys

1 - 20 of 73 Posts