Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my dog from a shelter about 4 days ago and he's had diarrhea ever since his 1st poop. He refuses to eat dog kibble (Blue Bison) and just recently his diarrhea looks to have a tint of red in it when he poops. Should I be wary of his poop or is it just red due to him having diarrhea for multiple days. Thanks! Also any advice on how to get my dog to eat?

·
Registered
223 Posts
You need to get him to the vet. Red is probably blood and may or may not be serious, but you need to get it diagnosed and treated. Probably not eating because he feels crummy with whatever's causing the diarrhea. Wouldn't hurt to call shelter and see if something's started going through their dogs.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Vet! And the sooner the better. Most shelters do their best, but they can still have outbreaks of really nasty stuff, like parvo.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes please take him to the vet and see what's up! It may be nothing serious but better safe than sorry. As for eating, can you find out what they were feeding him at the shelter? Have you tried raw foods? What about supplements? You can find lots of raw dog food recipes you can try that may tempt him. You don't have to be a master chef to cook something up that he may like. There's also Buddy Custard, a wellness protocol, that not only tastes like peanut butter (so you can easily add it to your dog's food and see if he is more interested) but also has proven health benefits against various canine illnesses. Definitely go see a vet and just try a variety of foods to see what he likes and if his condition improves. Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.