Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And this is why!

if you read this persons comments they don't even care that their 5 1/2 month old puppy is acting like that.

they say they want him to be aggressive because thats how aussies are supposed to be!?

This is why I always try and talk people out of owning an aussie, because people who don't know what they are doing will make my life harder in the future!

·
Registered
467 Posts
I didn't read the comments, but I watched the video. Come on? That's aggressive? I wouldn't even hesitate to come up to that dog. It seemed more excitable to me. Hell, my one year old dog is all jumpy like that when she gets excited (re: sees kids -- she LOVES kids and wants to play with them). She doesn't bark, though.

But maybe I'm missing something.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
well if you read in the comments that the person made they are trying to make her aggressive toward humans which isn't too hard to do with an aussie.

This is one of the owners comments from YouTube

I dont get why other people have an issue with MY DOG wanting to be aggressive

So what if she wants to bite your face off? In the past week alone she has PREVENTED some idiots trying to mess with me and my family . Had it not been for her agressive behavior,there would have been a major tragedy here.

So NO, I dont plan on changing her " aggressive ways" she is fine the way she is

Dont like it ? Then that's YOUR issue :)

·
Registered
467 Posts
Well, that person is an idiot.

Sometimes I think we all need to step away from the computer and "reader comments" because there are a lot of nut cases out there. There are also a lot of people saying things just to get a reaction.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
except there is already talk of adding Aussies to BSL lists in several places..

I've said it before Ill say it again..

Legal Precedence. Giving the Law the ability to ban one breed gives the law the legal precedence nessecary to ban ANY breed.

Once legal precedence is in place..all they need is an excuse...like that dumba** with his aggro Aussie

this kind of crap has to stop.

·
Registered
540 Posts
UGH! This hits home for me so badly. I had an Aussie + BC before I got Coal (so 6 + years ago) and she had problems since she was just a puppy. We did everything right, but nothing could fix the problem. She was extremely aggressive towards people and other dogs. She ended up having to be euthanized because we couldn't do anything to help the problem and she was constantly stressed out. It wasn't fair to anyone around her and it really wasn't fair to her.

This IDIOT is trying to make her dog like that ON PURPOSE? I would have done ANYTHING to have a normal dog that was easy and SAFE to be around.

When I read the owners statement:

I dont get why other people have an issue with MY DOG wanting to be aggressive

So what if she wants to bite your face off?
I could feel my blood getting hot. I actually replied to it, but darn YouTube takes forever to do anything for me. What a complete idiot. It IS everyone else's issue because she's putting the public around her in danger! I HIGHLY doubt she'll do all the things necessary to keep a dog like that contained and everyone around her safe, in fact, she's ENCOURAGING IT!

IDIOT, IDIOT, IDIOT!!!

Oh, and it DOES look like aggressive behavior to me, just not as high as it can get. Hazel was like that too, and over time it built and built and built until there was no warning from her just a snap. She had to be constantly in a cage, on leash and/or muzzled. I couldn't let her out of my sight for a second and was in constant alert when taking her for a walk. No one should have to live with a dog like that, and no dog should have to live like that. Can I stress enough that these people are freakin IDIOTS???

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Good grief.

·
Registered
442 Posts
That is one breed where I've had quite a bit of experience with and ,myself included with any of my friends that have them , they would rather lick you to death than act like that dog in the above video. Same old same old , it's how you raise and socialize them. Idiot owners produce idiot dogs .
It's weird and it never really hit me , I think I finally know how good caring pit bull owners feel now after seeing these types of posts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts