Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My guy was just released from 5 dats in hospital. He is now taking 8 meds twice a day, is on a very strict diet of just low fat food prescription and boiled chicken only. will Amoxicillin fit in a pill popper and is that gadget worth getting. And if it is any good ones out there.
Vet says make meatballs with his wet food but I need him to eat and don’t want to turn him off: They were syringe feeding him so he is clapping shut. Don’t want to be shoving pills down his throat. Have watched a million videos. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
How well is he eating the prescription food and chicken? If he is enjoying it then the meatball thing would work. Feed the whole meal as meatballs and put the pill in one. When he's taken a couple meatballs eagerly give him the one with the pill and quickly follow with another so he swallows the baited meatball before he notices it has a nasty pill inside.

I should get a pill popper. My dogs are small and it's really hard to pill them. Lucky for all of us so far the meatball method has worked well. If the dog won't eat then that's when I'll need the help. I'm quite certain it will be an unpleasant experience and I'll have to have to hide it or dog will run!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts