Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sometimes I walk like a dinosaur (like a raptor or t-rex from jurassic park) or I make funny noises to see what Gunther will do.

The dinosaur stomp always gets him excited and play jumping at me aha. He's like "where'd dad go? and who are you?! RAWW!"

I was just wondering if anyone else is this weird, or is it just me?

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Ha, I do the exact same thing and she loves it. So much that I just have to put my arms up like a raptor and stare at her and she freezes and gets ready to bolt away in play. She LOVES to be chased. She also likes to tear past you really close like "You can't catch me!" and barks in excitement if you do. Her playfulness is my favorite. :D

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
That's my favorite xD
I do all sorts of odd stuff around my dogs, because lets face it, what's the point in having dogs if you can't act like an idiot in front of them?

"The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself too." ~Samuel Butler

(That's Baron, BTW, a lost dog we took in until we found his owner)

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
I do this all the time. I just start pulling his hair for no reason (gets him all playful). I intentionally go in the wrong direction or in an unexpected one and he's looking at me with his head tilted like "Why the **** would you go that way?"

I blow on the back of head or on the back of ears until he shakes his head.

I pretend like I'm a dog and start sniffing like I'm looking for something - he'll either be like "Wait, what? Something is down there?" and start sniffing, or he'll take the chance to sniff my ears and hair and start licking me (WTF) - then if I act like I'm eating something, he's really trying to find it.

Jumping up and always gets him starting to just go zoomie crazy all over the house like he's having a grand time. Then if I start chasing him - oh it's on then!

Best fun I have with him is when I act "stupid" and get him acting "stupid" and then he's "dog laughing" and I'm laughing and then I lay on the ground like he got me and then he lays on and licks my face dry LOL.

Good times - good times :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahaha i do the sniffing around thing too.. haha i laugh so much hanging out with my dog. =D

they (or probably we) are just too goofy!

·
Registered
596 Posts
It's okay to act werid around your dogs, they won't care, they will still love you just as much. :) I do the same thing, they love it. :D They love The "RawR" game, it turns into catch me if you can game, They run back and forth like crazy!

~Erica~

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Getting down on the floor and growling and barking at them gets them going on the zoomies! lol! :D

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
I'm weird, too. I do the godzilla thing with her. Not only has it been fun, but someone told me a long time ago that doing stuff like that helps puppies learn to accept strange moves from people without being alarmed. So I've been stomping around a long time with her. She really seems to like it when I stand sideways to her and avoid eye contact, just giving her furtive glances like I'm going to charge her. Then I godzilla stomp in her direction and the game is on!

·
Registered
147 Posts
When I try to act weird around Hitch he just ignors me. When I got him he really acted like he didn't know the concept of playing with people. He is getting more playful now.

I do act weird in front of my moms dogs. Boo looks at me odd and gets a little playful and Angel gets very playful at times.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
I can get Kabota to zoomie sometimes by jumping with my hands out like claws and yelling "RAWR!"

I didn't know other people did that.

Also, I licked Muggsy's muzzle once to see if he'd like it. (he licked me all the time.) he did, but a tongue coated in fur is not at all pleasant. I didn't do it again.

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
Haha, I do stuff like this with mine, too. I hold my elbows tight against my sides and stick my forearms out in front of me like T-Rex arms, and then I chase Casper around and pretend I can't reach him. He thinks it's great. Crystal loves it if I put my hand under the blankets on the bed and move it around -- she tucks her tail and darts and leaps around the bed, trying to avoid the "scary hand." With my brother's pit, Jade, I approach her suuuuuuper slooooowly with my hands out like I could grab her at any moment. She braces herself and waits. When I get close, I lunge, and she lets out a huge roar and leaps out of reach. Then she runs around crazily while I chase her.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Haha this is a cool thread! I do the stalk, I walk really slow and crouched in the yard and Indie goes in the playbow position, when I get close enough I let out a big roar, lunging at her and she runs off does zoomies, then comes right back and goes back into playbow and waits..

·
Registered
34 Posts
My boyfriend is the king of this. I don't think he ever acts entirely normal (like even before we got a dog he would make "raptor" noises and sing songs about bacon). But now that we have Hailey, he is full out weird all the time. He established that she squirms when you give her raspberries. He often sings to her. He crawls around the apartment and has been known to put her squeaker toys in his mouth.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
My boyfriend is the king of this. I don't think he ever acts entirely normal (like even before we got a dog he would make "raptor" noises and sing songs about bacon). But now that we have Hailey, he is full out weird all the time. He established that she squirms when you give her raspberries. He often sings to her. He crawls around the apartment and has been known to put her squeaker toys in his mouth.
Your BF sounds like my hubby. I swear, I am the only adult in the house. Least he sings song about bacon hehe, hubby sings songs if Indie does a good pooh. Quite disturbing.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I used to work the night shift and I would dance (well maybe frog in a blender kind of moving) and sing in front of all the hospitalized patients. They'd look at me like 'this person belongs in the looney bin' but their expressions were priceless. I remember once, my dog was with me at work and there was another white dog in hospital. I asked Kiri if she wanted some "foo-food" (something I say when it's mealtime). Both Kiri and the other dog tilted their heads in the same direction. I kept doing it and they would do it in unison. It was aiki cute.

I will often bark I'd snort like a dog and Kiri will get all playful. Sometimes ill put her toy in my mouth and play tug of war with her. Or ill play hide and seek and have her find me.

Dogs are hilarious and it's the best when we can act like idiots and they will join us instead of judging us. Ian't it great when they think your silliness is the most fun thing in the world? That is what a best friend is!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Roonie thinks its great fun if you stare at him, and I mean really stare hard and slowly make your eyes wide and move your face towards him, he goes nuts barking and jumping with his little tail going crazy waiting for you to do something.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts