Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks.

My dog, Cash, is a 4 year old, 87 pound, pit-boxer mix. He gets spooked every once in a while for normal reasons (i.e. when he hears the bath water running, when something makes a big noise, when the vacuum is used, and usually when he is confronted with a small amount of space to walk through). But a couple days ago, he started not wanting to walk through the hallway towards the door on his way to go outside. The first few times it happened, I was able to coerce and encourage him through. On his way back inside, he was totally fine going through it. Then it started happening more and getting to the point where I had to force him through to bring him outside. But still, he is totally fine on the way back in. Now, it is every single time I try to take him out and he absolutely will not go through without me practically carrying him through it. But still, he's fine coming back in.

The weirdest part is that his water and food bowls are both right there, too. He will hardly go to them.

I thought it was going to subside but it's gotten worse over the course of the past three days.

I don't know what to do or what's causing it! Any thoughts about helping him become unspooked? Or possible reasons for the spooking?

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,906 Posts
Do you have carpet in there? Or near that area?

(I'm thinking static shock. Goodness knows I've had that happen with my dogs, before.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts