Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, for those of you that don't know, over a month and a half ago I got the opportunity to get a job on the other side of the country, we have two cats, and our dog Caeda. Just posting an update on how things are going with Caeda. Going to try for the "long story short"....

Trip went great, 5 days on the road, only two minor pee episodes, and in both cases it was one of the cats. No vomit, no poo! Everybody did their business outside (or in the litter box we provided at pee breaks for the cats).

Except for one night in a hotel we camped on our way here, again, went fantastic!
Did well during the 3 weeks at my parent's house. A little excitable jumpy, but not bad. Thanks to my parents (I assume) she has gotten worse about begging for food, but we're working on that.

Doing GREAT at our new house. Not destroying or picking out of the half-full boxes all over the place, or chewing the new (well....used) furniture we've got. The house is wonderful, our property is small but right behind the house is a large open field and a path which goes to a local lake that has a walking path around it and allows dogs.

Caeda got to swim for the first time! It took a while, she was pretty uncomfortable, but now she does it for fun!!! She has been in both the ocean and the lake. Her first few times in the ocean had some interesting consequences. She didn't learn to "close the hatch".....she looked rather humiliated when she went inside and her butt started leaking salt water. We got through it though and I think she has kept her butt clenched lately while swimming. lol.

She has been doing fantastic with boundaries and off leash. Most of her outside time is now off leash (in relatively safe areas) and she is incredible, her recall is great and her attention to us is wonderful. Still pretty bad on leash especially around other dogs, but still improving.

Anyway, that's the main highlights. Glad to be back and have a proper internet connection! Vids and tons of pics will come once we're more settled. For now, I'll leave you with a fantastic picture of Caeda after one of her first swims in the ocean:

Heh, just this pic made it worth the move! Love it!

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Gorgeous! I am so glad all went ... and is well! :D Caeda is stunning!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gorgeous! I am so glad all went ... and is well! :D Caeda is stunning!
Thanks!
This picture is my favourite ever. It embodies everything that this trip was meant to be.....I'm back home in NB now, I can go to the ocean to a beautiful deserted beach, I've got Caeda who was fantastic and beautiful (and note....leashless and perfectly behaved that day!). Caeda was looking at my DH who was just off camera (and is loving it here). Really, its a picture of my success and luck for having the job opportunity and great family who helped me get here (and helped us buy our house that we just bought!). Life can never be perfect, but its pretty darn close....and the picture embodies it all for me. Once our printer is up I'm planning on printing it off and framing it. Well more than a thousand words for that picture I'll say!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
That really is the perfect dog picture.

Congratulations on a new job and a successful trip!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts