Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

ACK! Those are dogs?

Tags
lux pup
2K views 23 replies 18 participants last post by  Kyllobernese 
#1 ·
I stumbled upon this recently, and my jaw hit the floor. I haven't quite figured out the appeal of hampster sized dogs yet, but I'm pretty sure these guys could be vacuumed up with ease.

http://luxpup.webs.com/

#6 ·
I watched some of the video clips and none of the puppies are walking around or even trying to play. I can't imagine a 3-5 month old puppy not wanting to play. Poor things, they look so sad and scared. It looks like their eyes are bulging out of their heads, or is it just me?

And for $3,800-$4,800?!?!? Wow

#7 ·
I did some research about this and other similar 'offers' some time ago. Seems the puppies are coming from one or more Korean puppy mills and get shipped with papers that declare them to be older as they are to a groomer / deliverer. It was the worst form of puppy scam I ever found on the internet, and yes, the puppies do have a lot of health issues.

#13 ·
Wow. Just wow. So not only are they as freakishly bred as we thought, but there are also mills of these things?! I'm amazed that people will pay 4,000 dollars for a dog, but aren't willing to do any research into the health or ethics behind the dogs. Ugh...

#9 · (Edited)
I met a 2.5 lb., 3 year old Yorkie once. She didn't look like a real dog because she was so tiny, but she acted like one. My second thought was that she thought she was a dog, so I'd better treat her like one. She had a marvelous time playing with me. I sat on the couch, and she jumped into my lap. I couldn't believe she could jump so high. The owner said she stays out of the way of feet -- I hope that is 100%, because if anyone steps on her, she will be severely injured or killed.

I cannot imagine how anyone could think that breeding dogs like that is a good idea for the dog. These people had their dog spayed, thank goodness. My husband was appalled -- he could not stop talking about how bad it was for the dog's health to be so tiny. He was amazed that she lived through spay surgery.

I was appalled too, but I pointed out to my husband that our largest premie triplet weighed 2 lbs. when he was born, and the smallest weighed 1 lb. 6 oz -- our now teenage boys weighed less than the Yorkie!

#11 ·
They can't possibly be in good health, and I absolutely don't support breeding them, but am I the only one who actually thinks they're adorable?

ETA: They have a banner at the top of the site that says "Bringing luxury puppies to your home." What the heck is a luxury puppy anyway?

#12 ·
They can't possibly be in good health, and I absolutely don't support breeding them, but am I the only one who actually thinks they're adorable?

ETA: They have a banner at the top of the site that says "Bringing luxury puppies to your home." What the heck is a luxury puppy anyway?
Yes, at least speaking for me.

#15 ·
I could not imagine having a dog smaller than Mia, who is in the low 7 lb range. She's tiny.

Once you start getting below the 5-6 lb mark you start seeing a lot more health problems. Hypoglycemia is a big problem with dogs under 4 lbs. I honestly don't get why breeders breed for dogs under 5 lbs but it's not unusual unfortunately. There are some breed standards that allow for such small dogs. Our standard has no minimum weight or height much to my dismay and I have seen some teeny papillons before.

Of course it should be mentioned that there are tons of health problems from breeding abnormally large dogs as well. People always want a conversation piece it seems.

#18 ·
http://www.thesqueakywheel.com/complaints/2011/AUG/complaint46903.cfm

This woman is bringing down the THUNDER. And rightfully so. It is unfortunate that she was naive enough to fall for this in the first place, but at least she has seen the error of her ways and is doing her damnedest to make sure other's won't be doing the same.

Also, I have a cousin who is a journalist. He is very involved in animal rescue organizations. Sent him a few links, maybe a story will come of it.

#20 ·
Any dog less than 7 lbs makes me nervous. I don't get the appeal of teacup-tinies that are supposed to mature to 2-3 lbs. They can't live normal dog lives, for one, which just makes me sad to even think about.

#24 ·
There were a lot of these "Lux Pups" advertised in our province as a lot were being sold out of Vancouver, B.C. but I have not seen them advertised for quite a while now. Maybe I just have not been looking where they are advertised now.

Their eyes do definitely look like they have been "photo shopped" or something as whether they are Pom, Poodle or Maltese, they all have big round flat looking eyes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.