Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not quite sure. He is such a handsome and wonderful boy but I am not 100% positive if he is just an Aussie with a tail or has a bit of another breed in him. He just weighed in at 56lbs. His muzzle definitely is a bit thicker than that of a regular Aussie. Just thought it get a few other opinions. He was listed as an Aussie at the rescue.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Minus the tail and the blue eyes (my boy has brown) he looks quite a bit like my male Aussie. I do see what you mean about the thicker nose but there is some variation to that. When my girl blew her coat out for her first heat, she lost a lot of hair, A LOT! all of her 'skirts' and all the hair around her face. Her face in particular looked like a pitbull. Both of mine are ASCA registered Aussies.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
are you sure he's not a "Barbie" Collie (show bred Border Collie)? they tend to look very "Aussie-ish".....

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha aww can I call him a Ken Collie instead?? Not sure really. His past is very hazy. He showed up in rural NC with animal control. The NPO I rescued him from took responsibility for him and 3 months later he was up here with me. They said Aussie but its all up in the air.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts