Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere on this forum, that puppies go through a period of having accidents in the house after they've been trained. I can't remember where I saw it but I was wondering at what age this starts to happen. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
My last puppy was Abbylynn ... and she began to forget everything at about 9 months of age ... the teenage stage. :/ She only had a few accidents and was back to normal by about 11 months of age. But I do have to boast that she has never ever pooed in the house!

I am sure the age they regress is give and take .. as all puppies are different to a degree.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My boy is just about 6 months old and I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe he's just not completely potty trained?? He does fine for weeks at a time and then he'll pee in the house a few times in a day. I can't figure it out.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
My boy is just about 6 months old and I'm not sure what the deal is. Maybe he's just not completely potty trained?? He does fine for weeks at a time and then he'll pee in the house a few times in a day. I can't figure it out.
Puppies as a general rule can hold their urine 1 hour for every month old they are ... give or take a bit. 6 months is still very young and about the age they begin to physically realize they have to go potty ... instead of "what is that feeling? Oooops! Something is coming out!" You have plenty of time yet to get potty training completed. Just keep up the training ... and keep it positive. :)

Every dog is different. Some are finished potty training sooner than others and vice-versa. You are correct ... he just isn't potty trained yet. :)

I forgot to say ... just keep doing the potty training 101 ... like a refresher course if this is something new .....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts