Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 11-month schnauzer-poodle mix had an accident (pee) in the house last night after months of no accidents. I cleaned it up with Nature's Miracle. I have never raised a dog from a puppy before, so can this happen even if a dog seems housetrained? I remember reading somewhere that a housetrained dog never has accidents, so does this mean she isn't housetrained? What should I do next?

Additional information (could these things affect housetraining?):
-She spent 6 days in a kennel last week and had been back home for four days.
-At home, we follow a pretty fixed elimination schedule for her.
-She has a low-grade ear infection.
-We went to a dog park for the first time yesterday.
-After the dog park, I gave her a really comprehensive bath.

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My German Shepherd puppy had an accident after months of no accidents. I was surprised but it hasn't happen again since then. Any of the things you have listed could have affected your dog, especially the kennel visit. When my puppy had her accident, it was around the time she had a vet visit, a trip to the lake, etc. I consider her very well house trained now.
It could have been a cry for attention, if she hasn't had any attention anyway. But if that is not the case then just keep an eye on her. Work with her just as you did when she was younger.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Think about it, even we (well, mostly us women) have the occassional woops! haha! Your dog is still a little off of his regular schedule and it happened. If your dog is ordinarily very good about going outside i wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Think about it, even we (well, mostly us women) have the occassional woops! haha! Your dog is still a little off of his regular schedule and it happened. If your dog is ordinarily very good about going outside i wouldn't sweat it.
I agree with not worrying much about the 11 month old pup that had a momentary potty training lapse, but get that Lady to the dr.s right away!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our 11-month schnauzer-poodle mix had an accident (pee) in the house last night after months of no accidents. I cleaned it up with Nature's Miracle. I have never raised a dog from a puppy before, so can this happen even if a dog seems housetrained? I remember reading somewhere that a housetrained dog never has accidents, so does this mean she isn't housetrained? What should I do next?

Additional information (could these things affect housetraining?):
-She spent 6 days in a kennel last week and had been back home for four days.
-At home, we follow a pretty fixed elimination schedule for her.
-She has a low-grade ear infection.
-We went to a dog park for the first time yesterday.
-After the dog park, I gave her a really comprehensive bath.

Thanks for any information.
I doubt its anything to worry over. One accident, such as life. If you are worried maybe go out with her for a week or so and reward her when she goes wee wees outside?

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
I wouldn't about it. One accident is nothing to fret about; plus your dog is still fairly young. I would go ahead and reward her for eliminating outside even if she seems perfectly housetrained 98% of the time. My dogs are 9 and 10 and I still reward them with praise and a rub behind the ears now and then for peeing outside. It can't hurt to reinforce it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts