Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions about the Grain-Free Acana Grasslands and Grain-Free Acana Wild Prairie. I may have not noticed the smell of the food from the last bag, but for the newest bags I purchased the smell is more noticeable, almost a sour smell (to my nose anyhow) it could be perfectly normal and I had not noticed, but if it's not passed its best before date should I be concerned?

Also, was there a new formula change recently? If so, how would I know if the bag I have is that of the new formula?

This would be the ingredients for the Acana Grasslands as that is all I have on hand, in comparison with the ingredients I've seen elsewhere it appears it does not match.

"De-boned lamb, lamb meal, salmon meal, herring meal, russet potato, peas, chicken fat (naturally preserved with vitamin E), sweet potato, de-boned walleye, sun-cured alfalfa, natural lamb flavor, deboned duck, whole eggs, pumpkin, spinach, turnip greens, tomatoes, carrots, apples, organic kelp, cranberries, blueberries, juniper berries, black currants, chicory root, licorice root, angelica root, fenugreek, marigold flowers, sweet fennel, peppermint leaf, chamomile flowers, lavender flowers, summer savory, rosemary, vitamin A, vitamin D3, vitamin E, niacin, zinc proteinate, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, vitamin B5, iron proteinate, vitamin B6, manganese proteinate, copper proteinate, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12, selenium, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product."

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
I don't know about the smell, but yes there was a formula change and it looks to me like you have a bag of the old formula. Potatoes are further down the list on the new stuff. If you think it smells off I would take it back.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about the smell, but yes there was a formula change and it looks to me like you have a bag of the old formula. Potatoes are further down the list on the new stuff. If you think it smells off I would take it back.
Thanks for the feedback. I picked up another bag of the Wild Prairie and it smells the same way as the one I was uncertain about. Would it be likely that this is the way it should normally smell?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts