Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the sweetest collie puppy a month ago =) he is my pride and joy

The breeder recommeded Nutrience, so we bought a huge bag of Nutrience all natural for large puppy...

Our trainer recommended Acana the other day, since he is almost done his bag of Nutrience, I am slowly weaning off it and switchingco to Acana

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or comments on this brand for collies

Thank you!!

This is my baby btw <3
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Awwwe ...... what a beautiful puppy! I LOVE Collies! :)

Sorry ... no advice on the food. I use totally different food for my dogs.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
ADORABLE. For me specifically, it's rare that I see people with purebred large collies. Most are either mixed or shelties, so when I do see them I get all tickled pink.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would go with a food that's an all life stages formula, and honestly for bigger dogs I'd do something like Fromm's Four Star Nutritionals. You want something that's going to encourage even growth.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I used the Acana Grasslands formula while Colt was a puppy. It's all life stages and both of my dogs did awesome on it. I eventually switched over to Taste of the Wild due to cost, but I'd be happy to go back to it some time.

I think it's best suited for active dogs, though. Dogs that aren't tearing around a farm all day like my two don't need all that protein.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the compliments and suggestions!

He is my 2nd collie, when I had my 1st collie I was very young, wish I did many things differently and better.
This time around I want to I do everything right.

I will definitely look into the suggestions and switch him to adult food soon, I know collies have a high tendency for hip issues later in life... in fact that's how I lost my first collie.

Never thought an adult food would work.. Thank you for the suggestions!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts