Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question, mostly out of curiosity:

I recently came across a breeder selling white german shepherd dogs, and he said that they were ACA registered. When I was trying to do some research on this registry, I came across some threads on this site, where most of the members warned that registry with the ACA is probably a red flag for an irresponsible breeder. However, if I'm remembering correctly, the AKC doesn't recognize white german shepherds. So do you think that the ACA registration for this breeder is a red flag as well? I don't know anything about determining if a breeder is responsible or not, but I would only want to get a dog from someone who is responsible and kind to their dogs.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
IIRC, America is the only country where white GSDs aren't recognized for show. In other countries they are. Here are some guidelines for finding a responsible breeder.

Also, thank you for caring enough to try to find a responsible breeder!

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
The Only thing AKC says is that white is a disqualifying color in conformation per the breed standard. Which means you can still register the dog(I'm 90% certain of this) if given the papers you just can't show him/her.

The aca is a scam and I'd stay far away from that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts