Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Usually teaching a dog to sit is second nature to me, usually treats work perfectly. Well with this dog I rescued and I am attempting to train he shows dramatic signs of having little trust, which I can hardly blame him. His neck is missing a huge chunk due to the fact he was left outside chained for nearly a year. He is very submissive shows no signs of aggression. Obsesses over my female Jack Russel. He is a year and a half old Doberman Pincer, he heels for me did so within the first 10 minutes. He stays once he is in the sitting position. It has been five days and he does not sit I cannot do the treat over the head with him, he does not follow it. I can only work with him in short 2 minute sessions before his mind wanders. He does not play with any conventional toys. When I first got him he did not respond to his name in no way what so ever. no ear perk no head twist no signs of knowledgeable. The real reason why I am probably posting is because my wife called me useless because it has been five days and the dog doesn't sit and I am using every trick in my arsenal. It is aggravating I mean she is. I feel though if I keep doing what I am doing it will click but being her emotional punching bag put me in a slump.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Amaryllis,

Thank you I know its going to take time, I just don't understand her imposition I agree with you Dogs do make sense compared to people, I actually think he is doing great under the circumstances hearing he is aggressive I.E. and getting along with both my dogs myself and my child. Thank you for the invaluable information perhaps me sharing this with my wife she will come to terms.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts