Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
15 days before what we calculated

Today April the 27th Prudi gave birth to 4 very healthy pups, all black with tiny brown and white splashes.
There was not a single problem in the whole job, prudi took care of everything, she is yet to feed them properly.
Last pup was delivered 10 minutes ago without any problem.

Prudi is very energetic,but exhausted.

I'll keep you peeps posted and probably will post pics later.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Congrats waiting for the pictures...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everybody was worried about her dying during labour.... i really doubt the pups will have problems..

She is full of surprizes, don't bring worries to such a beautiful moments k??

·
Registered
209 Posts
Congrats! I can't wait for pictures! :D

Also is it possible that she got pregnant a bit earlier than you thought? Could be the reason why she's 15 days early :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really doubt it, if she got pregnant couple of weeks earlier, the dogs would look, or have the colors of my Husky.

However the pups have squared mouths, and one of the pups is silver, as far as i know, Huskies don't have that color in their gene pool.

Hmmm we'll see how things go on from here :)

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey peeps, i heard a good one from my sisters, turns out that before prudi ran away, she had run away couple of days before that while i was at school, but i really don't know what went through their heads that made them NOT TELL ME until TODAY.

Now another question currently mexico is under a Swine Flu epidemy, as far as i know, it's VERY contagious to people (150 have died in two days here in mexico already) so we are in some kind of... quarentine, but does someone knows if this could be contagious to dogs in some way? That worries me the most about the newborns.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
The flu could mutate so that it would affect canines (as it mutated from pig to humans), but until there's a case reported, it's hard to know. At this point, it's most important to make sure the puppies are being fed and are eliminating.

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
pigs and humans are very much alike geneticaly though so it doesn't take much for the swine flu to mutate and affect us. but dogs are quite a bit different so it would be harder to mutate to affect them. not saying it can't happen, it's just not as likly.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Glad to hear everything went well. Do you think you could get a vet over to check up on them and Prudi, or is that highly unlikely?

Looking forward to those pictures!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Congratulations, Erick! I'm so glad everything went well. I agree with Keechak on the swine flu issue.
Oh, and I too am anxiously awaiting pictures :D

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Congtrats to you and Prudi Erick. I was wondering about the flu and Canines too and was also hoping you and your family were OK in all of this.

We get the news up here and the word is that schools have closed on both sides of the border and I was wondering if you got "furloughed" from school.

Looking forward to pics of Prudi's Puppies!!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well this whole swine thing is getting bigger everyday, closing more and more things, schools, daycares, jobs, the metrorail might be closed, in short... any place were people go in contact too much (Except markets and hospitals) is getting closed, and people is starting to go in a frenzy, it's not safe to go to the supermarket, homedepot, farmacies,etc... people are going CRAZY to get gas mask's, mouthpieces, ANYTHING to avoid the virus..

On other hand, the puppies are doing great!
They are defecating, eating aswell as prudi.
However, since prudi doesn't eliminate inside the house (we take her out to eliminate) and she doesn't want to leave the pups alone.. she refuses to go out even though she scratches the door to let us know she needs to go potty, when i go near the door to open it for her, she goes back to her pups and lies down.

Anyway, i got some pics here:)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Very cute... but they look so big next to her. Hmmm... I wonder what they could be mixed with. The light colored one almost looks Husky like.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Highly unlikely, as soon as we saw her comming closer to her heat cycle (we keep track of it) we got her inside, and my husky never had contact with her after that day.

However there are other huskies in my neighborhood, so it's still a chance.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
aww they're adorable. They look a lot like they could be sibe mix pups because of their facial markings.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts