Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today was just a hard day emotionally. It started out with a bad dream that I had about my 13 year old nephew, he was pointing a gun at me and demanding money. I was telling him that I loved him anyway. The alarm went off at 3:00 am and I didn't think about it again.

When I got to work I started out my morning with an organ procurement. A 13 year old boy shot himself in the face and was now a brain donor. He wasn't officially dead yet so we had to wait. Could there really be anything harder than that? When drawing blood his arm was moving which freaked everyone out including the mother which was understandably inconsolable. This poor child no longer had a face of any kind. There was no hope but how could you look at him and not hope? This little boy’s whole life was in front of him. What could have been so bad? I just feel sad and have felt a little sick all day.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
I am so sorry. How horrible that must have been. I know there is really nothing much anyone could say to make it better. I also lost a son 33 years ago: a 2-1/2 month old infant to SIDS. Time is the only thing that even remotely helps. Those mental pictures stay with you forever. I was reading something on FB right before Christmas about losing a child and what word there was for this .... I wrote back and answered ... " The only word for this is Life Altering Forever. "

I am so very sorry Inga.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Sounds like tonight needs to be a wine, cheese & cuddle-on-the-couch-with-Rotties type of night.

Big ol' hugs, gal. 'Twas truly a rotten day for you and I don't envy you for it.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. Today is a new day and Lord only knows what it will bring. I hope it is happier then yesterday but sadly, my job is such that I run into a lot of tragedy and sadness. Yesterday just hit so close to home knowing I have a nephew of exactly the same age and size as the little boy who chose to take his own life. I can't imagine my 13 year old nephew doing such a thing, he is a happy little boy and hope he stays that way. My heart is still breaking for that family. I hope they can find peace in knowing that many other people will get the gift of life because of their sons organs. Not that they want to think of that now but down the line, maybe it will help a little. :(

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is hard to not be somewhat depressed now days. There are so many horrid things that happen. Children killing themselves, parents killing their children or each other. I just don't get it. We live in a world with so much natural beauty but sometimes, it is hard to see as it is overtaken by ugly, nasty people. Sometimes it is a parent that shakes their 15 day old infant to shut it up. The child lived but will never walk, talk or have normal cognitive function. Then other times it is running in the woods with the dogs, taking in the sights, sounds and smells that God created. That to me is so healing for my soul. I wish I could do that more often.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts