Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes when I try to take my dogs for walks...it ends up in a disaster. Somethings that have happened in the past...one neighbor shoots his gun off when I walk Uallis past his house. The same neighbor lets his Lab just roam wherever she wants. Eddie likes this dog, thankfully, but last time we encountered her, he jerked the leash away from me, knocking me down, and had a grand ol' time playing chase with this dog running loose next to a road. Just the other day, Uallis became scared of a large diesel truck that was getting ready to pass us, he jerked the leash away and ran back home with his tail tucked between his legs...those are just some of the things that have happened.

Well, what happened today takes the cake. Not the incident itself...but what happened after.

It had rained earlier and after it stopped it was much cooler outside and didn't feel as humid, so it was a perfect time to take a walk. Eddie and I started out the driveway...it started nicely as we were just strolling along enjoying each others company. We get to the bottom of the driveway (we have a really long driveway) and I start to turn down the road (not in the direction of the guy that shoots his gun and lets his dog run loose but the other way...) as soon as I turn in that direction I saw a car parked off the side of the road a ways down. At the same time, I saw a little black and white dog (maybe 30-40lbs or so) run up the hill that would lead it to our house. Eddie has issues, some we have successfully addressed but the fact remains that he can be unpredictable, its just the way he is. Some dogs he likes, others he wants to kill. So I'm left in a pickle. I can't go in the opposite direction because of the crazy neighbor. I can't go the other way because of the strange car with the strange dog. I can't go back to my house because the strange dog might be there, so I'm effectively stuck at the bottom of my driveway. Patience is not something I'm graced with and I quickly got tired of waiting and was getting more and more annoyed. I started thinking to myself, "If people just let their dog roam on someone else's property, then my dogs can't take blame if they hurt that dog for coming onto their territory..." and so on...So I effectively talked myself in going back home. I would try, of course, to prevent Eddie from hurting that dog but at the same time I'm not going to sit down at the bottom of my driveway indefinitely to prevent an incident. I had planned to take Eddie back home and then return to talk to the people that own the car (and I assumed the dog) and tell them to take the dog and get off the property (they were on a little piece of our section.) I was going to explain to them that we have 2 very large dogs that will not take kindly to their little dog roaming on their territory and so on. I had it all planned out. So Eddie and I start up the driveway, Eddie doesn't know anything is up, just trotted happily along, but I'm being very watchful because if the dog makes an appearance then I want to see it first to brace myself. As soon as we get within sight of the house, I spot a little white fluffy tail going around the side of a building. So I veer off the driveway with the intention of circling back around the side of the house. I never made it. Eddie caught scent of the dog and pulled for all he was worth on the leash...so I'm pulling for all I'm worth trying to hold him back. It kind of resembled tug of war. The instant there was slack in the leash I took off running, leaving Eddie no choice but to follow or get strangled. It worked, Eddie gave up the scent and got excited about racing me back to the house. As soon as I finally get to the door of the house, my boyfriend comes out because he heard the ruckus of my struggle with Eddie. He wants to know what happened. As soon as I open my mouth to tell him...a bird craps on my head...right on the top of my head! I was already frustrated and annoyed because of that dog and the people with the car...the bird crap sent me over the edge. I just flew off the handle yelling every obscenity I could think of and probably invented a few.

It's always freakin' something when I try to take them for a stupid walk...

·
Registered
945 Posts
I''m sorry MDawn but I am just cracking up reading this! :D :D :D Your "adventures" with Eddie and Uallis always make me laugh and the bird crap is the topping on the cake, er head. If it makes you feel any better it's not just your dogs that are crazy. I just left max unsupervised for about 1 minute and I come back to find him chewing on my brother in laws camera. 30-45 seconds is all it took to destroy it. Sigh. Now I'm going to have to buy him a new one. but then again... atleast I didn't get pooped on! :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I'm not laughing, I swear..

I had to take away my son's source of income today, by the same token sortof dooming my MILs dog. My son walks her high energy dog, and gets paid. I have walked with him the last two days, and both times, that damn dog has DRAGGED my son across the street/sidewalk to attack a smaller dog. So I said sorry, but I will not have my son held accountable or injured for their dog's bad behavior. He's upset, MIL is upset, and Bones will likely become even more aggressive due to lack of exercise..but oh well.:eek:

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it on my hand too...it was gross. When I felt it, I thought it was a drop of rain because it had just rained earlier. I touched it with my hand and when I looked my hand had poop all over it. I turned into a raving lunatic.

Of course, my boyfriend likes nothing better than to laugh at me so as I screaming my head off, he's laughing his butt off. I don't know why things like this never happen to him...it isn't fair.

Volley...that sucks about the camera...Uallis knocked over my drink onto my camera the other day. I haven't tried to see if it still works yet. I was letting it dry out before I turned it on. It was my "backup" camera too...as my better one broke. *sigh*

Brittany...that sucks but you have to do what you have to in order to protect your son. Dog fights are a nasty thing and can be so dangerous in trying to break up. If the dog is aggressive, it shouldn't be something that your son should have to deal with.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Isn't that the way life goes....... I had a crappy day too if that makes you feel any better. A very small yappy dog was at the park off leash (this is not allowed in the summer) Dakota saw her and she saw Dakota and the little one came running over barking it's head off. The guy owner of the small dog was acting all crazed and tried to kick my dog!! even though I said she was friendly!! and his wife looked at me like she's had enough of her husband and said," maybe this one should be on a leash." and the guy never said anything. He was a freak and made evrything worse than it actually was. No bird crap on my head though:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts