Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this might be a silly question, but should I be worried about my puppy's obsession with sticks? Bella is a 2 month old Lab mix. She's an absolute sweetie. She goes to work with me and we have a fenced in backyard there. There's a million sticks on the ground and she is constantly chewing on them. She has toys to play with, but she'd prefer to either chase me or chew on sticks. Should I not let her do this? Thanks. :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
One of my dogs loves to do the same thing (pine cones are his other favorite). He, likewise, also likes to play chase. He knows I don't like him chewing those things, so he will do it to get my attention so I chase him. I have watched him closely and he spits out anything he chews off, so I have started to ignore when he does it. If I ignore him, he only chews on them for a minute or less. If she is actually eating anything she chews off and not spitting it out, I would definitely discourage it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Firefly. :) She tries to actually eat them. She'll spit grass out, but will chew and eat sticks. *sigh* I might just have to get a rake and rake the backyard at work. LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts