Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
That is probably the most horrible thing I've ever read...most people treat their animals better than that poor child has been treated, that's sickening.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is probably the most horrible thing I've ever read...most people treat their animals better than that poor child has been treated, that's sickening.
I felt the same way. My wife and I agreed that Lennox has been treated way better than this little girl. It's just hard to believe things like this actually happening in this country. This is not a third world country, it's supposed to be #1 industrialized country in the world.

·
Registered
191 Posts
She and her new family were on Oprah the other day it was a story of sadness and pain with an ending that is trying to be a happy one. Even after all this is she seems to be doing much better but she will never be average and that is sad. At least she found an amazing family to take her in and help her and love her for who she is, they seem to be loving and willing to do anything to help her in her life. The crazy part is her biological mom still denies any wrong doing at all she says the only thing she is quilty of is having a messy house.....:eek: If that was all she is quilty of then OMG I could be next... I just hope her life can be full of love and joy now. Her parents even said for the 1st several months they had to carry her everywhere because thats what she needed her mom said people would tell them she is way to big to be carried around all over and she said I dont care if its looks silly or crazy its what she needs right now....

·
Registered
688 Posts
I remember this story from awhile back. I can't wrap my head around how someone could possibly look at their child and just not care enough to even give her basic care to live!

·
Registered
691 Posts
Totally sickening. That poor girl. I am so happy she finally got out of there!

I am a Social Worker and started my career with DCF here in Massachusetts, and I have seen some really bad things. It is amazing the amount of abuse and neglect that goes on without anyone noticing, or knowing. I had a full caseload within a month, and it was bad. Really bad. I worked in a "nice" area of the state, too, so I was shocked and horrified at what I saw. I still sometimes think about some of the kids. I got to a point where I had to quit, I just wasn't cut out for that job. It is so sad.

Thankfully I found a job that has me in the role of prevention of child abuse and neglect. Much easier to deal with and very rewarding.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally sickening. That poor girl. I am so happy she finally got out of there!

I am a Social Worker and started my career with DCF here in Massachusetts, and I have seen some really bad things. It is amazing the amount of abuse and neglect that goes on without anyone noticing, or knowing. I had a full caseload within a month, and it was bad. Really bad. I worked in a "nice" area of the state, too, so I was shocked and horrified at what I saw. I still sometimes think about some of the kids. I got to a point where I had to quit, I just wasn't cut out for that job. It is so sad.

Thankfully I found a job that has me in the role of prevention of child abuse and neglect. Much easier to deal with and very rewarding.

I can’t even imagine being your position observing/investigating those child abuse and neglect. It must be so hard to deal with emotional conflict you have to face on your job. I’d be constantly mad and sad and mad… I don’t think I can do that job either without being so emotional and personal. (Same reason, I can never be a cop.)

I really wonder why the oldest son didn’t do anything about it. He was old enough to be able to take some action and do something about the situation. His younger brother seems to be mentally impaired but this older kid was able to testified what his mother was saying to the judge…

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Oh, I wouldn't be able to do it. I know someone has to, & God bless their hearts for having the emotional strength, but I know I couldn't.

I really truly shutter to even THINK of the horrors kids, people, pets all around us go thru every day of their lives - the THOUGHT alone is more than I can emotionally handle.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts