Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

What is your favorite brand of dog food?

• Orijen

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • FROMM - All types

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Nature - Innova - Evo - California Natural

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Wellness - SuperMix - CORE

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Merrick - Before Grain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Diamond Pet Foods - TOTW - Chicken Soup

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Canidae

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Blue Baffalo

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Science Diet, IAMS, Eukanuba, etc.

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 27 32.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there is already a thread out there polling your fav. dog food, but a lot of foods were left out. I am doing an updated copy of it. My fav. is Orijen. My experiences with it was nothing under par, everything was stellar, this is an amazing product. My dog needed all his other food to be "topped" with canned food or other goodies. Now she just eats it, no questions ask. Makes my life a lot easier. Also, if you checked other, let us know which one it is.

·
Registered
632 Posts
I'm looking for another dog food to add to what i feed all ready and i really wanted to try origen but i cant find it any where in my little town. I'll check their site and see about shipping. I feed chicken soup right now. The dogs love it and look very good but would like to start rotating with at least one more.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can go to www.petfooddirect.com. When you register for the first time, they give you a coupon code for 22% for your entire order, that should pay for shipping. They always have coupon codes, so you gotta just search for them.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I picked TOTW and other... the other is for Acana(grainless). I love the both, my dogs love them and they do very well on them.

·
Registered
818 Posts
My absolute favorite is Orijen (we are using Orijen Senior)! As another poster said, my dogs will eat it without a "topper"! First time they have done that with any food. I also like and would use all the other ones you've listed except Science Diet (and whatever else it said there). I, too, would like to try Acana, but can't seem to figure out where to get it. I order my Orijen from Petfood Direct.

·
Registered
24 Posts
My favorite is Orijen! I switched over from Solid Gold and Bailey is doing much better on the dry flakey skin. I mix in a little bit of raw green tripe in the morning and organs in the evening..

·
Registered
546 Posts
When I'm not as short on cash as I am right now, I love TOTW. Fabulous food, IMO. Right now, Bentley is back on a food with grain...Nutrisource. Out of any food with grain in it, he does the best on this one and with my discount at work, its only $27 for a 35lb bag compared to $40 for a 30lb bag. I can't wait to graduate in May so I have more time for work and thus more money for doggie food!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
I voted other, as my brand of choice isn't listed. Dakota's been eating the Castor and Pollux brand food (I've tried both the Organix and the Ultramix formulas) for probably 6+ months now and is doing wonderfully. Not only has her overall health and look seemed to improved, but some problems we were having due to possible food allergy have completely cleared away. It's definitely more expensive then what I was feeding before (Nutro), but well worth it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I voted other. We feed Zoey a mix of NutirSource puppy and Halo's canned foods. Since our switch from Iams (>_<) her poops got smaller, firmer and less smelly, and her eye boogers disappeared! I've been using a spoonful of the halo wet food mixed into her kibble since she started teething to soften it up and add some more flavor. It just seemed like that would be tastier than adding water to soften up her food, and she goes nuts over it. She seems to think the Halo stew is people food. It -does- look and smell like it. Lol.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I voted Chicken Soup as that is what they are on right now. As soon as we run out of it though we will be switching back over to Purina Puppy Chow. They have been on Nutro Puppy when I first got them, horrible diarreah. Then Chicken Soup, did well but I thought they needed something better so I put them on TOTW. That was a nightmare! Then on puppy chow. Did great from the beginning. Then I got to thinking I was a horrible doggy mommy because I wasnt feeding them well and put them back on Chicken Soup (forums can drive you crazy if you let them, lol). Well, I dont see any difference accept they have bigger poops than ever now. They did perfectly fine on puppy chow. Had lots of energy, coats looked great, etc. So when they are done with this batch of Chicken Soup we are going back to what works best for us. Purina Puppy Chow.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
i voted other....mine are on Purina One.....best food for them....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Voted other - I feed them Royal Canin Canine Diabetic HF 18 Dry mixed with Honest kitchen
Ugh, diabetic?? I'm sorry to hear, I'm a diabetic and it's not fun. What's in that the HF stuff that helps with his blood sugar, I'm curious...

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Mine are currently on Chicken Soup (Puppy)...our goofy terrier doesn't seem to do well, weight wise, on adult foods, so since Siri is still a puppy, we are going to try puppy food all around. Hopefully miss Lizzy will start keeping more weight on with this...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Ugh, diabetic?? I'm sorry to hear, I'm a diabetic and it's not fun. What's in that the HF stuff that helps with his blood sugar, I'm curious...
high levels of dietary fiber, free of simple sugars and it has a restricted fat content :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts