Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...I had been driving this horrible old car, a 1991 Volvo, for several years. It still runs fine, and I had insisting that we would drive it into the ground, but the heat wave a couple of weeks ago finally pushed me over the edge into wanting a newer car with functional air conditioning. You know, like grownups with graduate degrees drive.

So we bought a new-to-us SUV last weekend, and from Biscuit's reaction, you would think we had brought home a bacon-filled Rolls Royce with a driver specifically to bring her to Hot Dog Town. She has always loved car rides, but she took one look at the new truck and DRAGGED us over and hopped right in...and didn't want to come out...over and over.

Am I the only one with a car hound?

Untitled by Hamandeggs23, on Flickr
(Queen Fluffkin says "This will do, I suppose.")

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Lol! Congrats on the new car! ... it must be nice for Biscuit to not want to get back out! :D It has got to be nice for you for sure!!!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Congratulations.It's nice when the real owners of our cars/trucks give their nod of approval. Does she have plans to redecorate her new ride?
Enjoy that air conditioning.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The air conditioning is truly amazing.

She is already trying to redecorate. I think she likes the cloth interior. Her old ride was leather and the fur didn't stick nearly as well. Note the lovely towel covering the seat!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The air conditioning is truly amazing.

She is already trying to redecorate. I think she likes the cloth interior. Her old ride was leather and the fur didn't stick nearly as well. Note the lovely towel covering the seat!
Lol! Smart girl!

Towel was definitely noted.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Congratulations on new car, Biscuit can not help being a high maintenance lady dog.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Jubel is definitely a car hound. He'll jump into any car he has any possible chance of getting into. Gets sad if I don't let him jump in strangers vehicles.

Grats on the new car with A/C, very much needed with the weather we've been having.

·
Registered
11,340 Posts
oooh, A/C is so important in cars. My mother drove a classic muscle car with NO A/C for over 30 years in Florida... she loved that car but she was also dang happy when she bought a new one with A/C and all. So congrats on the new ride.

Chester LOVES car rides. He is very very focused in the car when there is anything to see, and very calm and usually sleeps when we're on the interstate. In the winter, I'll sometimes even let him ride along with me for work. He once spent 4 hours in a parked car doing traffic counts :)

Here's what Chester thinks he should do when there is an open car door-

(Note that I was busy detailing the car and the leash is only a dragline, he wasn't attached to anything nor were we actually going anywhere)

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Kabota will try to hop into any car we walk by if a door is open. I am eternally grateful to his foster for that. She knew he had a 12 hour transport coming up, so she took him to McDonalds every day. He loves cars now.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congratulations on new car, Biscuit can not help being a high maintenance lady dog.
Ain't that the truth.

Shell, love the pic! Amaryllis and Dagwall, Biscuit does the same thing! She has weirded out many a stranger on the sidewalk by trying to jump in their cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts