Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Max can, on occasion, be an ill-behaved little cretin. He's a terrier-mix with that terrier independence/stubborness and he came with some big socialization issues. All that aside....he is a wonderful dog, entertaining, good in the house and the car, very affectionate and loves a good cuddle. Wonderful enough that it seems when other people get to know him it makes them want to get a dog of their own. My aunt dog-sat for us when I first got him and now she is always waiting for us to go out of town so she can see "her Maxi" again. She buys a roast chicken in honor of his visits so she can share "healthy" treats. And now she spends time on Petfinder and local shelter sites, just toying with the idea of getting a dog of her own.

Then at Christmas we went and stayed with my SO's family and brought Max. His Mom used to have pretty severe allergies but it seems they have receded. Max charmed them all and when they realized that she wasn't reacting to him they are officially looking to get their own dog. I'm so excited for them I could bust. I also feel proud that a). Max inspired this and they want a "dog like Max" and b). they have been asking for some advice.

They were thinking about getting a PWD, but otherwise they are mainly looking at rescues. They have found a few good options I am just waiting for the call when they tell us they found their new family member and he/she is coming home.

Me and the SO are already planning to send a welcome gift and are thinking of what we'll put in it. We think they will want to pick their own collar and leash, so we're so far thinking of: a baby salsa monster toy (it's Max's favorite), a kong, treats, and a bully stick. We're not totally decided on anything, we're just so excited that we're already planning it. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
Good for MAX! I am finding that the scruffy terriers have a way of melting peoples hearts.

Congrats on warming the hearts of non dog people. Thats a change for the better in the lives of folks who dont understand a love of a dog. Once they feel it..There is no turning back.:)

Deer antlers, Himalayan dog chews and stuffies are some of the fave dog treats i get as gifts for the "other" dogs in my life.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks DM and Moker. Those are some good suggestions.

Scruffy terriers do have something special about them. I bet your crew has won over more than a few people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts