Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I took the kids to the bus, Buster got a bath. (he doesnt go to the morning bus stop because we have lots of bratty kids that cant handle that at this point)

At 6 1/2, considered a senior on his latest vet paperwork...Buster still gets zoomies. Baths are pretty much guaranteed to trigger zoomies.

Zoomies get interrupted if someone picks up a camera. It'd ruin his tough guy image if anyone saw him acting like a puppy LOL

Baths take FOREVER (a good 3 hours most of the time) and Wednesdays my girls get out of school an hour early. So it wasnt long before we were headed to the bus stop.

Waiting is boring...

Walked home to drop off the littles kids backpack and headed back up to meet the older 3.

Hanging out waiting (again!) for the big girls

Kid you're distracting me from...waiting

What the heck is barking at me?! (kids left unsupervised in a parked vehicle thought it was a good idea to bark at Buster)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
He's so handsome! I can't imagine a 3 hour long bath. Where do you bathe him?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Buster looks great! Thanks for posting.
Thanks! Its been a rough year for him but he has bounced back beautifully.

He's so handsome! I can't imagine a 3 hour long bath. Where do you bathe him?
It takes that long to get him wet, soaped, rinsed and dried. I cant leave him to air dry...took over 6 hours as a puppy and he ends up with skin infections that way. 150lb dog with a thick, heavy coat...
Where depends on the weather. When its nice we'll go out into the yard and use the hose. More often, though, he gets his bath right in the bathtub. As soon as he was tall enough, he was taught "in the tub"....step over the side and stand politely. Its practiced every 4-6 weeks...sometimes more when he's having a bad time with his allergies.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He is a beautiful dog. You don't post enough pictures. (hint)
Honestly I havent been taking nearly enough lately. As soon as I had him recovered from his surgery (neuter & anal tumor removal), my oldest daughter went in to have her tonsils out. Once I got her through that, it was summer...and that ended up being crazy busy. Now school is in session and Bus & I are just relaxing, trying to catch our breath a bit.

6 1/2? Has it been that long already?? I remember pics of him when he was just a little bigger than the soda bottles :) You're a charmer, Buster! <3
Im not sure how its been that long, but he'll be 7 on Feb 17th. He was a great puppy and grew up into an even better dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts