Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all! I'm a new mom of a 4-month old puppy. I've had him for a month now. I've been lurking and searching and reading this forum for a couple of weeks now. It's been a great help. I love knowing more about other dogs so I wanted to post a lil survey :). I think it will be fun and hopefully in the process I may learn as well. TIA!

1. You're dog's name/s?
  2. Breed/s?
  3. Age/s?
  4. Your dog's little quirks, if any?
  5. Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently?
  6. What does your dog love to do?
  7. What is your dog's favorite treat?

A lil more serious questions...
  8. Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it?
  9. How often do you feed your dog a day?
  10. How often does your dog poop a day?
  11. How often do you bathe your dog?
  12. How often do you brush your dog's teeth?
  13. Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get?
  14. How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet?
  15. How often do you get your dog groomed?
  16. Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer?
  17. Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc?
  18. Just added: How often do you exercise and/or do training with your dog?

And...
  19. Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
  1. You're dog's name/s? Jaws
  2. Breed/s? Cavalier/Poodle/Shih Tzu
  3. Age/s? 4 months
  4. Your dog's little quirks, if any? He doesn't like to poop on his wee wee pad when it has pee in it. He barks at us to change it.
  5. Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Sleep and hug his dad's foot like he doesn't want to let go
  6. What does your dog love to do? run and chew!
  7. What is your dog's favorite treat? Still trying to figure it out. He gets bored with his treats.

The rest of the questions are more me asking for answers.

And...
  8. Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! :)

Jaws in need of a bath :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
[*]You're dog's name/s? Butters
[*]Breed/s? Bichon Frise
[*]Age/s? 1 year 2 months
[*]Your dog's little quirks, if any? She grinds her teeth, and likes to step on my face
[*]Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? She came back from the vet really depressed, and was so sad that she wanted to climb out of her bunker bed, but got too sad and gave up halfway so half her body was lying outside the bed and then she fell asleep
[*]What does your dog love to do? Play with her toy centipede and meet every single dog, tree, brush and twig on the street
[*]What is your dog's favorite treat? Hot dog

[*]Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Yes, of course! I use spca pet insurance.
[*]How often do you feed your dog a day? Twice a day
[*]How often does your dog poop a day? Twice a day
[*]How often do you bathe your dog? Depending on the season. In the winter, once every 6-8 weeks; in the summer, lots of spot cleaning.
[*]How often do you brush your dog's teeth? I don't, we're still working on getting her desensitized to being touched on the mouth. She's super sensitive there!
[*]Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? I give her antler chews, bully sticks and RMB in the interim.
[*]How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Not needed yet - no plaque found.
[*]How often do you get your dog groomed? Once every 6-8 weeks
[*]Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? Take them to the groomer
[*]Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? She sleeps on my bed, but if she's being bad I will have her sleep in the crate next to my bed. She also has a dog bed that she takes naps in during the day.

·
Registered
97 Posts
  1. You're dog's name/s? Chase
  2. Breed/s? cocker/springer mix
  3. Age/s? 5 1/2 months
  4. Your dog's little quirks, if any? Barks at cats, grunts, huffs, likes to eat my hair
  5. Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? He yawned and it sounded like opening a seal on a jar.
  6. What does your dog love to do? Chase things, he loves training, and walks
  7. What is your dog's favorite treat? Hot dogs
  8. A lil more serious questions...
  9. Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? No insurance
  10. How often do you feed your dog a day? I feed him 1x a day, but I leave it out for him.
  11. How often does your dog poop a day? 2-3 times
  12. How often do you bathe your dog? Maybe once a month, sometimes less, sometimes more. Depends on what he gets into.
  13. How often do you brush your dog's teeth? I try to do it 3x a week, but I'm lucky if I do it 2x
  14. Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? No chews, antlers, bones and rawhide
  15. How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Never
  16. How often do you get your dog groomed? Only 1x so far. I may bring him next week.
  17. Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? Both
  18. Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc?
Sleeps in my bedroom in his crate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
  1. You're dog's name/s? Galahad (Gally for short)
  2. Breed/s? Pembroke Welsh Corgi
  3. Age/s? 16 months
  4. Your dog's little quirks, if any? When he gets over excited he likes to spin in circles and chase his stub tail.
  5. Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? That's hard, he's constantly being cute and funny. I think the best was when he woofed at the thunder and then continued on like nothing happened (this is a dog that was terrified of loud booming noises).
  6. What does your dog love to do? He loves doing anything active, we just finished beginners agility and he absolutely loved it.
  7. What is your dog's favorite treat? Dehydrated tripe treats, cheese and cooked meats.

8. Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Nope, I have a savings account for emergencies.
  9. How often do you feed your dog a day? Twice
  10. How often does your dog poop a day? 2-3 times
  11. How often do you bathe your dog? Once or twice a year.
  12. How often do you brush your dog's teeth? Never, he brushes his own teeth everyday with raw bones.
  13. Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? Raw meaty bones
  14. How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Never
  15. How often do you get your dog groomed? Never, I do it myself weekly
  16. Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? I do it myself
  17. Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? He sleeps in our bedroom in his crate or on the floor if he prefers

And...
  18. Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! :)

See answers above

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
You're dog's name/s? Flash, Leonidas (Leo), Vader
Breed/s? Basset hound, Siberian husky, American Bully
Age/s? 5, 3 and 2
Your dog's little quirks, if any? Flash likes to trick people and animals out of things he wants. ( couch spot, toy, treat, my chicken dinner) Leonidas likes to bring you his toys by name. He enjoys giving people his fav. items around the house, I once woke up to a nasty banana peel being dropped on my face with a very proud husky face hovering above me. He also likes to chase his tail. Vader his quirk is he destroys anything he touchs. everything is a toy to him and as soon as he grabs it he runs off like he has a million bucks.
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Vader proudly destroyed his kiddy pool even though it was twice his size.
What does your dog love to do? Flash - eat and get in the trash and sleep in the bed with us. Leonidas - play with his toys and eat bones - Vader likes to bask in the sun
What is your dog's favorite treat? Beef bones.

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Nope.
How often do you feed your dog a day? 2 x day
How often does your dog poop a day? Flash has problems with his digestion he will poop as often as he can go outside. Leo and Vader 2x
How often do you bathe your dog? Every other week standard. or if they get dirty.
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? never. but as a vet tech i examine their teeth a couple times a week. and have other methods of keeping them plaque free.
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? no dental chews, the beef bones work super well for my boys
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? My dogs have no plaque buildup.
How often do you get your dog groomed? Flash every other week, Leo every 3 months, Vader every other week.
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? My friend grooms my dogs but occasionally I will take them there and groom them myself with her guidance.
Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? Flash and Leo sleep in the bed with us and Flash also has a giant dog bed he claimed for himself, and occasionally he will sleep in his cage by choice he loves it in there. Leo also likes to sleep under the couch when we his humans are not sleeping. Vader sleeps in his dog house inside his sunroom/play room. in the winter he sleeps in his crate in the basement.

And...
Last but not least, post a photo of your dog!

Flash

Leonidas

Vader

·
Registered
6,658 Posts
You're dog's name? Snowball
Breed? American Eskimo, Standard
Age? 8 years old!
Your dog's little quirks, if any? Snowball doesn't like chewing on things, and he also doesn't like fruits or vegetables. Or honey. Or peanut butter. He's an all-meat doggy like his man-daddy. He also makes this hilarious grunting noise when he doesn't get his way.
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? The other day I was brushing him (which he isn't keen on) and every 10-15 strokes or so he would stand up and turn around and lay down on his other side. He clearly wanted the attention, but didn't want to be brushed, lol.
What does your dog love to do? Sleep
What is your dog's favorite treat? Food. He doesn't really have one particular favourite, but he's quite fond of any kind of meat, and these Salmon/Sweet potato biscuits that a friend bought for him.

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Currently, yes we do b/c all adoptions from our local shelter get 6 weeks of free pet insurance. We are going to switch to another company, but we will be insuring him.
How often do you feed your dog a day? Twice - after his morning walk (7am) and at dinner time (7pm).
How often does your dog poop a day? Two or three times. He generally poops some every time we take him for a walk.
How often do you bathe your dog? So far, once every 3 weeks (Because we've had him for 3 weeks, and we've bathed him once!)
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? We actually haven't had the courage to try this yet.
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get?He currently gets 1 Kirkland Signature dental chew after dinner. They smell WEIRD, but he absolutely loves them.
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Don't know yet, only had him 3 weeks. He had his first cleaning ever at 8y/o with the vet in the shelter.
How often do you get your dog groomed? Don't know yet, but we're taking him in this week to get his undercoat brushed out properly.
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? We're going to groom him ourselves, after taking him to the groomer to get his coat straightened out properly. He was a stray while he was shedding his undercoat so it didn't get brushed out properly and has matted down some.
Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? He sleeps in our bedroom, alternatively on the floor at the food of the bed, on a rug by the window which we got for that purpose, and sometimes on his dog bed.

And...

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
  1. You're dog's name/s?Jubel
  2. Breed/s? plott hound mix
  3. Age/s? 4.5 years old
  4. Your dog's little quirks, if any? He likes to watch lightning storms out the window, will watch for hours. I guess he enjoys the light show.
  5. Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Last night while snuggling on the couch with me he bent his neck back and watched me eat the last of my cheese stick with his head upside down. It was very cute and I was cursing my camera for being on my computer desk and not with me on the couch.
  6. What does your dog love to do? Jubel loves anything that gets him treats or attention. He really enjoyed our nosework class, getting treats for finding treats was mind blowingly awesome to him.
  7. What is your dog's favorite treat? He's a hound therefore all food is awesome and a must have... he does get the most excited for his nightly dentastix though.

8. Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Nope, I have sufficient savings to cover any emergency that may pop up.
  9. How often do you feed your dog a day? Twice a day
  10. How often does your dog poop a day? 2-3 times
  11. How often do you bathe your dog? On average every 5-6 weeks but pretty much whenever he starts to feel a bit grimy or gets into something gross.
  12. How often do you brush your dog's teeth? I don't
  13. Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? He gets a dentastix every night but I don't think it really does much for his teeth. The nylabones and antler chews help, probably going to try out some beef ribs soon.
  14. How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Never yet, he has just started to get a little tartar build up recently hoping the beef ribs will fix that.
  15. How often do you get your dog groomed? When I first got him I'd take him in every 4-5 weeks to get his nails done but I do them myself now.
  16. Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? I do all his grooming myself now. Baths, ears, nail grinding.
  17. Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? He sleeps in bed with me at night, in bed with my brother during the day, and anywhere else around the house (couch, floor, dog bed, etc) throughout the day.
Answers in bold

·
Registered
111 Posts
I have two now, but number two (Jameson) has only been with us for a few weeks, so some of the answers will be different for him.

You're dog's name/s? Melonie and Jameson
Breed/s? both mutts. Best guesses - Melonie: border collie and some kind of setter or spaniel, Jameson: husky and... something with short, tan hair?
Age/s? Melonie: about 3 1/2, Jameson: about 8 or 9 months
Your dog's little quirks, if any? oh... so many. Both make funny little noises. Jameson sounds like he's oinking sometimes. Both are toy hoarders, which has proved pretty funny with the second dog, as he keeps sneaking toys from Mel's bed to his crate. Jameson is super quirky (and very fearful), so we're still working on getting to know him. Melonie's quirks are so many I couldn't possibly list them all.
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Well, Jameson just ran laps back and forth across the house with a giant green santa-hatted dog toy (left over from Christmas), so that was pretty funny. They're pretty hysterical in general.
What does your dog love to do? Run, jump, play, eat, hike.
What is your dog's favorite treat? Melonie loves things that taste like chicken. Cheese is also a big crowd pleaser. We found these really great home-made dog biscuits in this little shop in North Carolina, and she LOVES those - we can only get them for her when we're down there though, which isn't often.

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? No.
How often do you feed your dog a day? Twice a day.
How often does your dog poop a day? About twice.
How often do you bathe your dog? Rarely - every few months, unless she rolls around in something nasty. Basically when Mel's coat gets too long and starts getting matted, we bring her in. Jameson is so terrified of being touched, I have no idea how long it will be before we can safely have him groomed.
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? I don't, but I really probably should. It never occurred to me until recently when we paid assloads to have her teeth cleaned at the vet.
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? Yes. We've been giving her greenies, but I recently read they can cause intestinal blockage, so I'll have to find something else.
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Just did for the first time. Vet said it will probably be once a year.
How often do you get your dog groomed? See above - bath and grooming is pretty much the same thing for us.
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? Take to a groomer for Melonie - her hair is way too long for us to deal with on our own. I'll probably just do Jameson myself most of the time though, since his hair is so much shorter.
Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? Melonie sleeps in our bedroom, either in the bed or on her little bed on the floor. Jameson is still in the crate, which is downstairs, but hopefully eventually he'll be able to be free reign and sleep with us upstairs.

Melonie:

Jameson:

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
You're dog's name/s?
^His name is Luke.

Breed/s?
^His breed is rare, but he's from the Bichon family and is a Coton De Tulear.

Age/s?
^He is 3yrs old.

Your dog's little quirks, if any?
^I love how he cocks his head and lifts his paw up (separate times).

Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently?
^Recently was that I was scratching his tummy and both his back paws moved when I hit a tickle spot.

What does your dog love to do?
^He loves to play, run after squirrels/rabbits/stray cats/birds. He thinks he's the alpha of the whole complex and is very nosy! He loves to be with us all the time! He loves to jump and give kisses.

What is your dog's favorite treat?
^His favorite treat are mainly chicken and beef flavor. He also likes his Dentistix.

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it?
^No, we don't have pet insurance. While it seems like a good thing, I'm still not sure of it.

How often do you feed your dog a day?
^Luke gets fed twice a day. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

How often does your dog poop a day?
^Oh jeez, I used to record when he pooped, but stopped. He can go one day and not the next, but I don't worry because he's still healthy.

How often do you bathe your dog?
^Once a month Luke goes to the groomers.

How often do you brush your dog's teeth?
^I should brush them more often, but I don't. So far our vet said Luke's teeth look very good; I've only done it three times, but should do it more often.

Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get?
^I give Luke Dentistix (not the green kind) and he loves them.

How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet?
^Luke has never had his teeth cleaned by the vet yet, so none here.

How often do you get your dog groomed?
^Like said above, once a month. They say for Luke's breed, if you groom them more than once a month then he could end up shedding more hair. He's hypoallergenic meaning he doesn't shed the way a Husky would. He has a single coat.

Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer?j
^We take Luke to the groomer's. We used to do him by ourselves, but it got to be hectic and then I don't trust myself doing his ears or nails, so now he goes to the groomer's. Gretchen is the best!

Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc?
^He used to sleep in a crate till we felt he could hold his bladder and not pee on the carpet, now at 3yrs old, he's out. He sleeps upstairs with a baby gate blocking the downstairs, so he has access to my room and the bathroom. Luke doesn't like dog beds, don't ask me why, I don't know. Maybe they're too hot for him.

And...
^Ut oh...I would but I don't know how to post a picture on here or how to get it on photobucket. But if you want to look at my avatar, that's Luke when he was a puppy. This is the Coton De Tulear in a puppy cut (what Luke gets). This is NOT Luke, but a look alike of him: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_GS1ZA1T3q-E/SUO7HReAqRI/AAAAAAAABb4/8rvRkriiP_4/s400/bebe+puppy+cut.jpg

·
Registered
423 Posts
You're dog's name/s? Amy, Lil Chocolate, Kessel
Breed/s? suspected Lab/Pit mix, purebred Chihuahua, Border Collie/possibly German Shepherd cross
Age/s? 8 years, 8-9 years, 12 weeks
Your dog's little quirks, if any? Lil Chocolate chases her absurdly long tail and will bark to cause the other dogs to go to the door so she can get all the food the baby throws on the floor, the puppy does a million crazy puppy things, Amy will take anything from me I ask her to
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Kessel bombed it on the linoleum floor
What does your dog love to do? Amy and Kessel love to play, the Chihuahua just loves to cuddle
What is your dog's favorite treat? jerky, peanut butter, Amy loves Bully sticks

Do you have pet insurance? no
How often do you feed your dog a day? puppy 3xday, others 2xday
How often does your dog poop a day? 2-3
How often do you bathe your dog? about never but will hose them down occasionally
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? never
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? dentastix, greenies
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? never
How often do you get your dog groomed? never
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? myself
Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? Amy sleeps on the couch until I go to bed then comes in the bedroom, Lil Chocolate is crated in the kitchen, Kessel is crated in the living room (since she's a puppy I want to be able to hear her whine to go potty)

And...
Photo will have to be posted later. Kessel is my profile pic.

·
Registered
891 Posts
You're dog's name/s?: Molly Bloom
Breed/s? Terrier mix
Age/s? 1 year, 5 months
Your dog's little quirks, if any? multiple, LOL.
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? When she really wants something, a walk, to go out, a meal, she communicates that to me by kicking up her feet like dogs do when they're scattering their scent after elimination. We call it her "Little Miss Demanding" maneuver, LOL
What does your dog love to do? Be with her people & hunt mole holes
What is your dog's favorite treat? Not sure she has a favorite but she loves dried liver, heart and lung

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Yes, Healthy Paws, highly recommend
How often do you feed your dog a day? twice
How often does your dog poop a day? once, occasionally twice
How often do you bathe your dog? She's had 2 baths in her life, lol. As a short haired girl who is indoors much of the time, I've gotten away with wiping her down with a wash cloth. She always looks and smells very clean.
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? I don't. Molly is raw fed so the bones do the work for me.
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get?nope
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Because of Molly's diet, I hope to never have to do that.
How often do you get your dog groomed? never
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? She's been getting brushed a few times a week to deal with some minor shedding and her nails are trimmed as necessary but otherwise, no need for groomer
Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? She's in the bed with us. She also has dog beds in other rooms we spend a lot of time in. She's allowed on the couch.

And...
Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! see avatar...:)

one important thing you missed: How often do you exercise and/or do training with your dog? Molly is walked twice a day for at least 45 minutes each time and we work on obedience training several times a week.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
1.You're dog's name/s? Potsie, Maddie
2.Breed/s? Potsie: miniature poodle, Maddie: westie/bichon?
3.Age/s? Potsie: 4, Maddie: ~4
4.Your dog's little quirks, if any? Potsie: sensitive to sudden bright lights; fearful of leash walking (abuse in his past); Maddie: air nips after you stop petting her (she never actually nips); an avid squirrel chaser!
5.Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Potsie: Sitting in his chair across the room when I won't let him sit with me, giving me the stink eye, Maddie: Maddie practically flies across the room when she jumps into a chair; can "fly" around 6 feet!
6.What does your dog love to do? Both dogs: lay on the sofa as close to me as possible, Maddie: run after squirrels and birds in the yard; go for a walk
7.What is your dog's favorite treat? anything that comes out of my hand!

8.Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? No
9.How often do you feed your dog a day? twice daily
10.How often does your dog poop a day? 1-2
11.How often do you bathe your dog? as needed; usually twice a month
12.How often do you brush your dog's teeth? 3-4 times a week; should do daily
13.Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? No, but give bully sticks and Nylabones
14.How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? every 2-3 years
15.How often do you get your dog groomed? Potsie: every 4 weeks; Maddie: every 5-6 weeks
16.Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? I've learned to groom them myself; the cost of the clippers paid for themselves with Potsie after 3 grooms!
17.Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? Potsie: on a dog bed in our bedroom, Maddie: on a dog bed in a crate in our bedroom (she tends to get up and start playing if we don't crate her - very annoying!)

And...
18.Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! See my signature

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
Your dog's name/s? - Shep
Breed/s? - Lab-GSD
Age/s? - 11.5 yo
Your dog's little quirks, if any? Sleeps on his back; looks at people IN the passing cars
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? sleeps on his back, yips while sleeping
What does your dog love to do? get belly rubs
What is your dog's favorite treat? ..... food ... (He's a Lab)

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? No insurance (saved for self insure
How often do you feed your dog a day? - twice a day
How often does your dog poop a day? - 2 - 3 times per day
How often do you bathe your dog? - ~ 4 times per year (he's fairly clean)
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? - ~ 3 times per week (gums are in great shape, teeth have minor age stains)
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? - None
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? - once at age 3, no other times... at Vet's suggestion!
How often do you get your dog groomed? - None, bath only
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? - I wash him when it is warm.
Where does your dog sleep? in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? - Sleeps in living room, on the floor

And...
Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! - See avatar

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Dogs names/Abbylynn, Blu Boy, Eddee
Breeds/Abbylynn-Doberman/Rottweiler ... Blu Boy-Schnauzer/Poodle ... Eddee-Schnauzer mix
Ages/Abbylynn-19 months ... Blu Boy-6 years ... Eddee-approximately just one year old
Dogs quirks/ Abbylynn-Shoves toys in the crack of your pants to initiate play ... Blu Boy-lies upside down off of the furniture to look at things :/ ... Eddee-Jumps up onto all the tops of furniture to be tall :/

Cutest thing they have recently done/ Abbylynn- gently leads Eddee around with a tug rope in their mouth ... Blu Boy-Has begun to try and talk like his late Brother Leeo (strange sounds come out of that boy!!! Lol!) ... Eddee- Jumps into the bathtub with me. :/

What they love to do/ Abbylynn-play tug!!! ... Blu Boy- lie on his back and play with stuffed toys in his paws .... Eddee-loves to run, run, run and jump!!!

Favorite treats/All love home cooked or baked meat treats that I make ... and sometimes I allow them pig ears under supervision. :)

Pet insurance / No ... I use care credit and have my own fund I add to monthly.
How often fed/ I feed twice a day
How often do they poop/ 1-3 times a day
Baths/ Abbylynn-once every 3 months ... Blu Boy and Eddee-every 2-4weeks now or sooner if they dig and get dirty
Brushing teeth/ for all of them- once every other day. Eddee is the only one who is fond of it. I use RMB's for dental health in between brushing

Dental chews/ No. RMB's I give once a week
Teeth cleaned/ Not yet ... Vet says they are all good
Groomed/ I do all grooming ... Abbylynn-twice a week ... Blu Boy- hair cut and trim every 2-4 weeks ... Eddee- I am stripping his coat every other day to once a week with a quick brushing in between

Where they sleep/ Abbylynn and Blu Boy sleep with my Dad in his bedroom ... Abbylynn has her own dog bed and Blu Boy sleeps in the bed with Dad ... Eddee sleeps in bed with me

Photo's -

Abbylynn ...

Blu Boy ... with a very short hair cut ...

Eddee ...

·
Registered
878 Posts
1.You're dog's name/s? Hamish
2.Breed/s? Cairn Terrier
3.Age/s? 15
4.Your dog's little quirks, if any? Sitting up staring at you despite being fast asleep and snoring, herding us into the kitchen when he decides it's mealtime, always having to have 3 drinks of water when we go out in the car.
5.Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? taming the rocking chair - he got such a fright the first time he jumped on it, but has gradually worked out where to stand / sit to stop it moving.
6.What does your dog love to do? be adored
7.What is your dog's favorite treat? Doggie chocs

8.Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? Used to have in UK but not now as deductible too high, so just saving the $ instead
9.How often do you feed your dog a day? 3 times plus a few bits of kibble at bedtime
10.How often does your dog poop a day? twice
11.How often do you bathe your dog? 1-2 weeks or when he's dirty
12.How often do you brush your dog's teeth? very infrequently
13.Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? TD, greenies made him vomit
14.How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Once
15.How often do you get your dog groomed? every 3 months (when his claws get too long)
16.Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? groomer - trying to find a good one!
17.Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? everywhere!! but overnight he sleeps in the laundry room in dog basket.

And...
18.Last but not least, post a photo of your dog!

P1130201.jpg

19. Exercise - He'll happily walk 2-3 miles most days in the Winter, much less in the Summer - 20mins around the yard early morning and late evening.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
[*]You're dog's name/s? Summer and Mia

[*]Breed/s? papillon

[*]Age/s? 8 years old and 3 years old

[*]Your dog's little quirks, if any? Too many to name. Especially for Mia

[*]Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? Mia walking around with my shoe on her head

[*]What does your dog love to do? Go places. Agility class, the store, walks to the park, etc. Anywhere. Mia lives for tennis balls

[*]What is your dog's favorite treat? Food. No seriously, they'll eat anything edible

[*]Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? No, I don't. I don't see much of a point as a lot of things aren't covered

[*]How often do you feed your dog a day? 1 real 'meal' and then their evening food is given in the form of training sessions

[*]How often does your dog poop a day? Dunno. Don't pay attention to it lol

[*]How often do you bathe your dog? 1-2 times a month depending

[*]How often do you brush your dog's teeth? I don't... probably should

[*]Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? I give bully sticks, raw bones, antlers, and some other various things like hooves, tracheas, etc. I NEVER give greenies or rawhide

[*]How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Mia- none. Summer- twice since getting her but hopefully won't have to again. Her teeth are looking much better on raw and with lots of chews.

[*]How often do you get your dog groomed?- I do a trim up/bath probably once a month. Just whenever their feet start getting messy. Nails clipped every two weeks usually

[*]Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer?- I groom them myself

[*]Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc?- Bed

And...
[*]Last but not least, post a photo of your dog! :)
[/LIST]

109 by Summer_Papillon, on Flickr

ETA: Exercise: Something daily depending on the day. Weekends we do a walk or two at the park (1+ hour each) and then a trip to a pet store usually. Weekdays usually about 1.5 hour walk after work and a short walk or just ball playing in the morning. Thursday nights are spent all day at the agility field. Plus ball playing and training here every day. Play in the yard with both or get the plastic pool filled up for mia. I toss the ball for Mia a lot, lol. My dogs are very flexible and I keep the schedule flexible too. Some days all we get is ball playing while I'm busy or if it's too hot(I multitask well). It will hold Mia over for a day as long as she gets in an hour or so even broken up. Summer is very lazy these days

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
You're dog's name/s? Katie

Breed/s? standard poodle

Age/s? 15 months

Your dog's little quirks, if any? When she's very interested in something (bird, bunny, deer, etc.) she holds up a front paw like a pointer. Like my late cat, she likes to sleep with her butt towards my face.

Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently? When I'm getting ready to take her out, she'll run into the living room, grab a toy, and run between the hallway and the living room with the toy in her mouth. After a few times, she'll stop in front of me, drop the toy, and wait to be leashed.

What does your dog love to do? Chase her squeaky ball and run laps around the back yard. She also enjoys running with other dogs - especially her boxer friend - at the dog park.

What is your dog's favorite treat? She loves whatever someone else is giving her. At training classes, she'll turn her nose up at our treats if the trainer gives her something.

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? We have insurance that's roughly equivalent to a human catastrophic plan. For example, we'd use it if Katie we needed extensive diagnostics and long-term treatment or were injured and needed multiple surgeries and physical therapy.

How often do you feed your dog a day? twice, 5:30 am & pm

How often does your dog poop a day? two to five times, although the frequency has decreased lately (not sure if it's attributable to age or food change)

How often do you bathe your dog? about every two weeks

How often do you brush your dog's teeth? Not as often as I should; I try for every other day, but something always seems to happen. I'm thinking about getting the water additive as a second layer of care.

Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? no

How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? She hasn't needed it yet since she's young.

How often do you get your dog groomed? every six to eight weeks

Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? professional groomer until I feel confident enough to have sharp objects near Katie (which may be never)

Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? on our bed unless she gets hot

How often do you exercise and/or do training with your dog? For exercise, typically, two 45-60 minute activity sessions a day plus multiple fetch and running games in the yard. Activity sessions include standard walks, walks in the park on a retractable leash so she can explore / run more than on normal leash, running in the park on a drag line, and trips to the dog park. For training, about twenty minutes of formal sessions a day. Additionally, we practice skills (e.g., attention, sit, down, stay, leave it) on our walks, she gets her meals (when not used for training sessions) in puzzle toys, and we take classes as often as we can. On weekends, she goes on at least one outing: pet or pet-friendly store, farmers' market, new park, "grandma's" house.

before and after a grooming appointment
marchshaggyKate.jpg gristmillmarch20.jpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone for your responses. It's great reading about your dogs. The quirks and cutest things done recently made me laugh! Please keep them coming!

one important thing you missed: How often do you exercise and/or do training with your dog?
Thank you Julie! I'll see if I can add the question on my first post.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
You're dog's name/s? Galaxy, Pebbles, Leann
Breed/s? Mix, English Setter, Lab
Age/s? 12, 8, 4
Your dog's little quirks, if any? too many Galaxy can knock down and devour any size trash can. Pebbles has a very add need to imprint her odor on me and visa versa. Pebbles also sings when she wants something. Leann kind of says "good morning" when I wake up.
Cutest/funniest thing your dog had done recently?
What does your dog love to do? Eat, hunt, swim (and more recently lure coursing)
What is your dog's favorite treat? they love them all, but I guess bully sticks and marrow bones are their absolute favorites

Do you have pet insurance? If so, what insurance do you have and would you recommend it? No.
How often do you feed your dog a day? 2 x's
How often does your dog poop a day? 6, 2 & 2
How often do you bathe your dog? almost never
How often do you brush your dog's teeth? 3 x's a week
Do you give dental chews? If yes, what do you get? no
How often do you get your dog's teeth cleaned by the vet? Haven't yet, but Leann is due
How often do you get your dog groomed? Pebbs, once a month (to reduce matting)
Do you groom your dog yourself or take him/her to a groomer? both
Where (room) does your dog sleep? Does he/she sleep in a crate, on a dog bed, on your bed, couch, etc? my bed and their bed (as puppies, in a crate)
Just added: How often do you exercise and/or do training with your dog? daily walks, weekly swimming, training classes as time and money are available, daily training at home. Dog park, because Pebbles must run/hunt, or she's explode. They all enjoy nosework.
Professional Aspirations : Galaxy -International Hot Dog Eating champion, Pebbles -Game Warden, Leann -Water Patrol, Gold Medalist in the 5000 meter dog paddle or Wallmart greeter

And...
Galaxy Dawgs of Summer 2007 008.jpg Pebbles Pebbles.JPG P1011300.jpg P1011287.jpg Leann C 227.jpg Leann's favorite frisbee.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts