Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the AKC All-Breed today here on Staten Island. There was Agility and Obedience too, so we weren't by the breed rings for the whole time. Here are most of the breeds we saw. (my advanced apologies to Inga as I know she is going to be coming in the thread looking for Rotts. We didn't see any. :( Also apologies to Pai as we didn't get to go to the Crested Breed Ring)

My Photobucket uploaded backwards so we'll start with the Herding Group that we watched before we left (unfortunately the camera died so this half-assed pic of the GSD is all my sister managed to get)

Belgian Shepherd:

Shetland Sheepdog, Cardian Welsh Corgi:

A lot more..

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sporting Group

Golden Retriever

Labrador Retriever (took Group First)

German Shorthaired Pointer

more

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Viszla (this dog was gorgeous)

Weimaraner (another gorgeous dog)

more

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Nessa if you see these, they are especially for you after your rough week with your pups.

The Great Danes:

Awkward pose lol

Headshot

Blue Dane

Another Harli

more

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
K we'll come back to Working in a minute.. here's the few I have from the NonSporting ring:

Shiba Inu (sorry I'm missing his face)

Dalmatian:

more

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Boston Terrier, English Bulldog

Standard Poodle

And now back to Working.. the Dobes<3

more

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
More of the Dobermans

Alaskan Malamute

(The guy from Groomer Has It was handling this dog.. don't remember his name)

more

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Love this shot

Hehe, sneaking a Dobie group shot in here:

more.. almost done

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Staffordshire Bull Terrier (didn't realize how tiny these guys are)

Norwegian Elkhound

And that's it! I have some others, but they're all of these same breeds. Feel free to ask if you want to see more, but I think I covered all that I have.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Great shots, Mutt!
I love the GD head shot and all the Mal pictures. The Dobies look great too :)

Looks like you had a lot of fun

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Hey! I looked anyway even with the pre-warning of now Rotties. :) I loved the Dobermonster butts :) That Lab was almost as stocky as any Rotties I know so balance the black and Tan from the Doberman and the stockiness of the Lab and I got my Rottie fix anyhow. ;) Loved all of the pictures. Looks like you were quite busy at the show.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
OK Nessa if you see these, they are especially for you after your rough week with your pups.

The Great Danes:

Awkward pose lol

Headshot

Blue Dane

Another Harli

more
Awe thanks for taking these!

I LOVE the Fawn... and the Blue... but that first Harl looks awkward all around. I am not fond of lightly spotted Harls like that... it doesnt give them enough "Oomph" IMO.

All are sweet though! Love that Fawn... would you have any more Dane pics? Or just these?
Nessa

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Inga I agree, that Lab looked more like a freakin' Molosser than a Retriever. The enourmous white spot on the GSD's chest stood out to me, too.

Nessa, I too prefer the heavily marked Harlis. I'm thinking maybe she just had a litter or something (or maybe even preggo?) she kind of sagged underneath.

I do have some more pics of the Danes:

The Harl bitch looks a little better in this one:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Great pics MM!! hahah someone likes Dobes ;) That red boy in the ring has a beautiful head!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Looooooooooooooooooooooove the dobes!!! What beautiful dogs!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great pics MM!! hahah someone likes Dobes ;) That red boy in the ring has a beautiful head!
Haha thank you :) Yes, I do really love Dobermans. Coupled with the fact that they were the only ones showing at that point, I had to watch and take a ton of pictures. I hope for one of my next dogs to be a Dobe.

Looooooooooooooooooooooove the dobes!!! What beautiful dogs!
I know. :D Oh, my apologies to you, too, for not getting any sighthounds.. I saw one Whippet the entire time I was there, and absolutely no Greys. Wish I could have stayed longer, because Hounds were going in after Herding.. though I guess it wouldn't have mattered that much from a DF point of view, since my camera died after the GSD.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Haha thank you :) I know. :D Oh, my apologies to you, too, for not getting any sighthounds.. I saw one Whippet the entire time I was there, and absolutely no Greys. Wish I could have stayed longer, because Hounds were going in after Herding.. though I guess it wouldn't have mattered that much from a DF point of view, since my camera died after the GSD.
That's OK...the AKC greys usually leave a lot to be desired, IMO.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts