Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SAR team had a transport practice flight training today. The dogs and handlers were loaded one pair at a time into the small aircraft and taken up to about 1000-1500 feet for about 15 minutes each. The goal was to see how the dogs reacted to the event of taking off, flying/turbulence, and landing in a controlled environment. Hawkeye did very well for his first time in the sky, here are a few photos from our day.

Here is also a news story from today.
K-9 Search Crews take to Air for Training Sessions

Hawkeye and I loading into the plane

Hawkeye getting his ear protection put on

In the plane getting ready for take off!

A video I took with my cell phone while up in the air, sorry Hawkeye can't be seen in it he was right behind my chair and it was too difficult to film behind me in the cramped cabin.

Getting out of the plane

And a Hawk butt

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
That is awesome! He didn't get sick from the pressure change? That is quite an exciting experience I bet! :)

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is awesome! He didn't get sick from the pressure change? That is quite an exciting experience I bet! :)
Nope he didn't get sick at all, I know my stomach got a bit queasy at times but nothing too bad. I think the pressure build up on his ear drums was the most stressful as he was shaking his head a bit after we landed.

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Nope he didn't get sick at all, I know my stomach got a bit queasy at times but nothing too bad. I think the pressure build up on his ear drums was the most stressful as he was shaking his head a bit after we landed.
I am glad to hear that! You could not get me in an airplane unless there was a disaster taking place for sure! Lol! Somehow as I got older I became afraid of heights! :D

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am glad to hear that! You could not get me in an airplane unless there was a disaster taking place for sure! Lol! Somehow as I got older I became afraid of heights! :D
For some odd reason I felt less anxious in this tiny plane than in the big planes I've been in. Something about being able to see everything that is going on makes me calmer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts