Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have 4 dogs: a wonderful yellow lab + 1 cavalier + 2 small mixed breeds. I wish to add one more member to our pack - but I hesitate between a Golden retriever (I love retrievers) and another cavalier girl (I have also fallen in love with this particular breed, they really are a joy to be with). I know these 2 breeds are extremely different from one another, but I simply can't decide. We live in a very big flat (a penthouse actually), there's enough room for everyone. I work from home so I'm with the dogs all day. In any case I intend to ger the dog (a female) from a reputable breeder (I'm definitely aware of potential health problems). Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
In your situation, I'm not sure what differences there might be. Both are sweet dogs. I guess the one minor issue is that possibility of having two big dogs start playing in the apartment, but that's easy to stop. I guess a Golden generates lots more hair than a Cav...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hi all. I have 4 dogs: a wonderful yellow lab + 1 cavalier + 2 small mixed breeds... Any recommendations?
Welcome to the forum.

My recommendation would be, given that:
- you already have both a retriever (albeit a Lab) and a Cavalier, and
- you know your personality, lifestyle and handling ability better than anyone here ...

why not simply trust your own experience and intuition???

I suspect that, in the end, it may simply be a matter of finding,
what you consider to be, the best breeder.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
I guess a Golden generates lots more hair than a Cav...
I don't know if I would agree with this! <smiles>...except for the fact the golden is bigger.

Ummmm, let me see......which would I vote for???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts