1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Welcome! What a great looking group. I remember you from Doberman talk. I have Panzer the Beauceron.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you. I just got Lily at the end of January, and we are still playing "musical dogs". At the moment, Lily can be out with Ilka or with Leo, but not both of them. We're getting there, though.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! What a great looking group. I remember you from Doberman talk. I have Panzer the Beauceron.
Yes, I recognized your name, as well. I'm also on the GSD Forum as LeoRose. I was suffering from an acute lack of imagination when I joined DT. :)

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Yes, I recognized your name, as well. I'm also on the GSD Forum as LeoRose. I was suffering from an acute lack of imagination when I joined DT. :)
Haha same here, so unoriginal.

Why can't they be out together? Intro's with the puppy to my 2 were slow going as well, my female is highly dog reactive/DA while on leash so we were very careful when integrating.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Lily was probably nine months old when I got her, so she was almost an adult. Ilka is extremely reactive and can be very dog (and people) aggressive (she's also a really bad resource guarder), while Leo gets so excited she doesn't know what to do with herself. I tried them all loose together once, and it was a train wreck, because Leo got all excited, which triggered Ilka, and they both wound up going after poor Lily.

We aren't doing all that bad, though. I planned to give it a good six months of work to just get Ilka accepting Lily, and I was able to have them loose together, by myself, in only three months. Now that Lily is out of season, I plan on walking the three of them together, and gradually allowing them off-lead together. I'm not asking for them to be BFFs, but I am asking for a peaceful coexistence, one of these days. Until then, it's crate and rotate.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Lily was probably nine months old when I got her, so she was almost an adult. Ilka is extremely reactive and can be very dog (and people) aggressive (she's also a really bad resource guarder), while Leo gets so excited she doesn't know what to do with herself. I tried them all loose together once, and it was a train wreck, because Leo got all excited, which triggered Ilka, and they both wound up going after poor Lily.

We aren't doing all that bad, though. I planned to give it a good six months of work to just get Ilka accepting Lily, and I was able to have them loose together, by myself, in only three months. Now that Lily is out of season, I plan on walking the three of them together, and gradually allowing them off-lead together. I'm not asking for them to be BFFs, but I am asking for a peaceful coexistence, one of these days. Until then, it's crate and rotate.
Glad to hear things are getting better! What is Ilka? A BC mix? She's very pretty.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What is Ilka? A BC mix? She's very pretty.
Thank you, I think she is pretty, also. :) According to the DNA test I did, she is mostly Bulldog and Italian Greyhound, with a dash each of American Staffordshire Terrier and Collie. Some people have suggested the possibility that she is a coated Xolo or a McNab, a type of herding dog. More than likely, though, she is some kind of pittie mix.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
In the first pic she looks like a Bc, but the last one I definitely see Am Staff or other bully breed. Not seeing the IG though lol

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If you can believe it, I didn't realize she was a tri-color until she was over a year old. I even listed her as black and white when I filled out her AKC paperwork. Oops...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts