1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pentti takes his squirrel hunting very seriously:

Kimma for President!

Pretty girl <3

And here's a video I made of Kimma doing some of her useful tricks. It was rainy out here the past couple of days, so it was good to do some indoor stuff :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
What a beautiful girl!!! I love her squirrel hunting pic, Courtney is our squirrel hunter here!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Sooooooooo great! Beautiful dogs =) How did you teach her to do that? I tried to teach Bella to put her toys away - isn't working very well....LOL

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Such beautiful dogs. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
I absolutely love it! :) Great job training!

·
Registered
7,435 Posts
That video was great! I love the useful tricks (it's so cute how she does one and then looks at you all proud and like, "Where's my treat?"), and she's doing so well in agility. She's fast!

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What a beautiful girl!!! I love her squirrel hunting pic, Courtney is our squirrel hunter here!
Thanks!! The squirrel hunting pic is of Pentti, my boy. They get confused all the time for the opposite genders :p

Kimma will squirrel hunt sort of, but I've done so much work with her to NOT care about squirrels so she's not so bad. My other girl Bubbles is also pretty intense with the squirrels, but Pen really loves treeing them :)

Sooooooooo great! Beautiful dogs =) How did you teach her to do that? I tried to teach Bella to put her toys away - isn't working very well....LOL
Thank you! I just rewarded her for touching the toy, then for picking it up, then for bringing it near the basket, then in the basket, then more than one at a time, while I'm standing, etc. Lots of shaping :) It didn't take very long, but Kimma is also used to shaping. It would take forever for my other two, but that's because they were never exposed to that kind of training when they were younger and don't really care much for it now :p

Such beautiful dogs. :)

I absolutely love it! :) Great job training!
Haha thank you! Anything to keep Kimma occupied and quiet :p

That video was great! I love the useful tricks (it's so cute how she does one and then looks at you all proud and like, "Where's my treat?"), and she's doing so well in agility. She's fast!
Thanks!!! Oh yeah, she is all about the food. Once she was getting the hang of it and I was rewarding for multiple toys (not just one), she did this thing where she would put one toy away and when I didn't give her a reward, she would pick it up again, walk away and come back with it, and put it back in the basket like, "NOW can I have the food?!?!" She's too smart. She stopped doing that as much once she realized it wasn't being rewarded ;)

Yeah, we've come a long way in agility. I love that she's fast, but sometimes I wish she weren't - I have trouble keeping up with her and therefore have to rely a lot on sending her on or beating her to places.... Training class is a workout for me nowadays LOL.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts