Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Yes, once they're fully house broken. Both my Dachshund and Cavalier have thick plush beds, my cat uses their old lambs wool beds in his crate, and my Springer just has a bath mat since she doesn't like to lay on plush beds.

·
Registered
2,605 Posts
I have a crate pad (the kind with bolsters along the edge) and then on top of it Sadie's fancy bed. When she gets something messy like a kong I take that bed out and leave in the pad, which stays pretty clean.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Hi! All my dogs have plush crate pads with bolsters. Two of them love to nap in there during the day. But, my daughter's German Shorthair Pointer didn't have anything but a towel for the longest time because she chewed everything up. She is older now and does have a crate pad lol!

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
I have never put a dog bed in a crate as I just saw no need for one. I'm not saying don't do it, just stating that I never have.

·
Registered
6,474 Posts
my dog finds it too warm to have any sort of pad or bed in the crate with him. i have a pad in there for the nighttime (he choses to sleep there, door's open) but i always take out the pad when he goes in there when we are out. i don't want to take the chance of him chewing on it. i actually had to take the pad out at night too because he is too hot and pushes it out of the way. i put it on the floor near our bed in case he choses to sleep on it.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
I'm with wvasco...the only reason my kids have pads in there now is because they're senior citizens with joint problems....they didn't really care for cushy until about a year ago.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Yes. I use a thick crate pad on top of which I placed one of those egg crate pads that I custom cut to fit, and have a mattress cover over that. Then, I put a sheet on top, which I change twice a week (or more if necessary). They also have down pillows.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Rittie has a folded up quilt in 'her' crate (it's actually Mal's, she just took up residence there ;P). The only one of my guys who is routinely crated these days is Lizzie, and the REASON she is crated is that she likes to munch on fabric - so no bed for her. :p Maybe in another 6 months.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts