Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was a great day. Early this morning we packed into the truck, loaded up the dogs and drove an hour and a half to a creek/camp area where no one else was and spent the day there.

I was a bit nervous when we arrived, and kept Jake on a rope (I’d never just let him be off leash before outside of our yard) but I left to do something really quick and left him with my mom and when I came back she’d let him off. Turns out, she was right; he did wonderfully! He stuck close, came when he was called, and importantly didn’t fall into the fast moving creek. He was off from 11 AM till we left at nearly 9 tonight, enjoying his off leashing with Buck(who’d earned his privileges long ago). We went on a long hike with my dad and grandpa, and he came along and stuck by us the whole time while Buck stayed back at the base camp area with my mom and grandma. I think we’re going to go camping and stuff likes this a lot this summer, so I plan on buying both the dogs bright orange collars… especially for Jake. I think you’ll see why when I start posting pictures!

I tried to take lots of pics, but it was rather heavily wooded so most of the ones that turned out best were in camp and by the creek. Anyways, enough talk…

(more)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Jake: I'll follow Buck...

Jake: But brrr this water is cold!

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jake: Boy, mom's right! I AM handsome! :D

Headed home...

Ok, I'm done now. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Jake: Boy, mom's right! I AM handsome! :D
hey, there's the one that attacked the Mustang!!!!...see, he's getting ready for another attack on another red vehicle....:D:D

those are really cool....we went up north the other day for a few hrs w/ the dogs but they had to stay on short leashes and such so i didn't get any pics....rather than an orange collar, why don't you get a vest for them instead....it'd definitely be more visible.....

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks RRRRRRots! They did have a lot of fun. We went today, too, and they had a blast. I forgot the SD card for the camera this time though.

Thanks tirluc. My dad mentioned an orange vest too...hm, the more I think of it the more I like that idea. I'll have to look into it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts