Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strangely when I think of little Lassie, it bring a tear to my eyes that she is no longer with me. Everything was perfectly normal yesterday I could not even suspect a thing. Everything changes in the end... its life.

I had 2 Rough Collies - about 6 months old. One male and one female. Last night we left for a birthday party and came back with only the pup greeting me. I went outside to find my beloved Lassie lying on a carpet. I was too late.

Now it makes me think, what if. what if this, what if that... I cant help it.

She had been suffering with a runny stool for 2 days. Nothing bloody, just abit runny. Thought it was just something she ate.

Ive lost a previous dog to parvo and the symtoms were not the same.I know parvo symtoms by drooling and runny bloody stools. Could this have been another version? She was perfectly normal...

Im now trying to figure out what it could have been? Tickbite fever? Parvo? Garlic/Onion ingestion?

could she have been poisoned? She had been throwing up in a few spots and eventually settled with a redish residue outide her mouth when I found her.

RIP My little girl, Ill miss you.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I would STRONGLY suggest getting a necroscopy done. If it's poisoning, there's a high chance your other dog was exposed as well- and even if it wasn't, he's got a high chance of having been exposed if it was ANYTHING other than a congenital defect.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Sorry about your experience. It is aweful to lose a pet let alone not knowing what caused it. Does garlic/onion cause poisoning in dogs?

Hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Sorry about your experience. It is aweful to lose a pet let alone not knowing what caused it. Does garlic/onion cause poisoning in dogs?

Onions are bad and can cause anemia. Garlic is actually healthy in moderation but can cause anemia if fed in excess.

Hope you feel better soon.
I'm sorry for your experience. It's tough to lose a pet at any age but hardest when they're so young. You really should have a necropsy done.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I'm sorry for your experience. It's tough to lose a pet at any age but hardest when they're so young. You really should have a necropsy done.
Onions are bad and can cause anemia. Garlic is actually healthy in moderation but can cause anemia if fed in excess.

Thanks. did not know this.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Please get a necropsy done and keep an eye on the other pup for similar symptoms!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts